THIS MONTH IN ANAESTHESIOLOGY
Anesthesiology-This Month – October 2017
Anaesthesiology This Month – October
1. Epidural Labor Analgesia—Fentanyl Dose and Breastfeeding Success: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
2. Effect of Intrathecal Bupivacaine Dose on the Success of External Cephalic Version for Breech Presentation: A Prospective, Randomized, Blinded Clinical Trial.
3. Perioperative Gabapentin Does Not Reduce Postoperative Delirium in Older Surgical Patients: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
4. Combined Thoracic Ultrasound Assessment during a Successful Weaning Trial Predicts Postextubation Distress.
5. Recovery after Nulliparous Birth: A Detailed Analysis of Pain Analgesia and Recovery of Function.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
1. Tissue Doppler assessment of diastolic function and relationship with mortality in critically ill septic patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
2. Association between intraoperative non-depolarising neuromuscular blocking agent dose and 30-day readmission after abdominal surgery.
3. Human neural correlates of sevoflurane-induced unconsciousness.
4. Continuing chronic beta-blockade in the acute phase of severe sepsis and septic shock is associated with decreased mortality rates up to 90 days.
5. Brain functional connectivity differentiates dexmedetomidine from propofol and natural sleep.
6. Low-dose buprenorphine infusion to prevent postoperative hyperalgesia in patients undergoing major lung surgery and remifentanil infusion: a double-blind, randomized, active-controlled trial.
7. Prediction of persistent post-surgery pain by preoperative cold pain sensitivity: biomarker development with machine-learning-derived analysis.
Volume 72, Issue 10
1. Comparison of reversal with neostigmine of low-dose rocuronium vs. reversal with sugammadex of high-dose rocuronium for a short procedure.
2. A randomised controlled trial of oral chloral hydrate vs. intranasal dexmedetomidine before computerised tomography in children.
3. A randomised, controlled trial of rectus sheath bupivacaine and intrathecal bupivacaine, without or with intrathecal morphine, vs. intrathecal bupivacaine and morphine after caesarean section.
4. The mid-point transverse process to pleura (MTP) block: a new end-point for thoracic paravertebral block.
5. A systematic review of information format and timing before scheduled adult surgery for peri-operative anxiety.
4. Anesthesia & Analgesia
October 2017 – Volume 125 – Issue 4
1. Postoperative High-Sensitivity Troponin and Its Association With 30-Day and 12-Month, All-Cause Mortality in Patients Undergoing On-Pump Cardiac Surgery
2. Platelet Counts and Postoperative Stroke After Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery.
3. Stroke Volume Variation and Pulse Pressure Variation Are Not Useful for Predicting Fluid Responsiveness in Thoracic Surgery.
4. Control of the Environment in the Operating Room
5. Perioperative Acute Kidney Injury: An Under-Recognized Problem.
6. Association of STOP-Bang Questionnaire as a Screening Tool for Sleep Apnea and Postoperative Complications: A Systematic Review and Bayesian Meta-analysis of Prospective and Retrospective Cohort Studies.
7. Optimization of Endotracheal Tube Cuff Pressure by Monitoring CO2 Levels in the Subglottic Space in Mechanically Ventilated Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
8. Isoflurane Preconditioning Alleviated Murine Liver Ischemia and Reperfusion Injury by Restoring AMPK/mTOR-Mediated Autophagy.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology
October 2017 – Volume 34 – Issue 10
1. The renoprotective properties of xenon and argon in kidney transplantation,
2. Anaesthetic management of patients with myopathies.
3. Acute and chronic neuropathic pain after surgery: Still a lot to learn.
4. Intraoperative magnesium sulphate decreases agitation and pain in patients undergoing functional endoscopic surgery: A randomised double-blind study.
5. Effects of anaesthesia and analgesia on long-term outcome after total knee replacement: A prospective, observational, multicentre study
6. Prophylactic atropine administration attenuates the negative haemodynamic effects of induction of anaesthesia with propofol and high-dose remifentanil: A randomised controlled trial.
6. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 64, Issue 10, October 2017
1. Strategies for prevention of spinal-associated hypotension during Cesarean delivery: Are we paying attention?
2. Morphine and the blood-brain barrier: diffusion, uptake, or efflux?
3. An up-down determination of the required seated duration after intrathecal injection of bupivacaine and fentanyl for the prevention of hypotension during Cesarean delivery.
4. Pre- or postoperative interscalene block and/or general anesthesia for arthroscopic shoulder surgery: a retrospective observational study.
7. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
Volume 61, Issue 9
1. The incidence and characteristics of 3-month mortality after intraoperative cardiac arrest in adults.
2. Focused cardiac ultrasound is feasible in parturients; a prospective observational study.
3. Influence of lateral position and pneumoperitoneum on oropharyngeal leak pressure with two types of laryngeal mask airways.
4. A novel combination of peripheral nerve blocks for arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
5. Development of an instrument for the evaluation of advanced life support performance.
8. Pediatric Anesthesia
Volume 27, Issue 10
1. How can the Perioperative Surgical Home be applied to pediatric anesthesia practice?
2. Ten years of simulation-based training in pediatric anesthesia: The inception, evolution, and dissemination of the Managing Emergencies in Pediatric Anesthesia (MEPA) course.
3. The role of ultrasound in appropriate endotracheal tube size selection in pediatric patients.
4. Infant spinal anesthesia: Do girls need a larger dose of local anesthetic?
9. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia
Volume 11 | Issue 4
Page Nos. 381-521
1. Has goal directed fluid therapy and glycocalyx a role in enhanced recovery after anesthesia?
2. Transdermal fentanyl as an adjuvant to paravertebral block for pain control after breast cancer surgery: A randomized, double-blind controlled trial.
3. Comparison of oropharyngeal leak pressure of air-Q™,i-gel™, and laryngeal mask airway supreme™ in adult patients during general anesthesia: A randomized controlled trial.
4. Reducing by 50% the incidence of maternal hypotension during elective caesarean delivery under spinal anesthesia: Effect of prophylactic ondansetron and/or continuous infusion of phenylephrine – a double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled trial.
5. Effect of intravenous phenylephrine infusion on dose requirement of intrathecal plain levobupivacaine for cesarean section: A placebo-controlled preliminary study.
6. Ultrasound assessment of cranial spread during caudal blockade in children: Effect of different volumes of local anesthetic.
7. Anesthesia in pregnancy with heart disease