- Cyclosporine before Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Does Not Prevent Postoperative Decreases in Renal Function: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Utility of Perioperative Lung Ultrasound in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- 18F-florbetapir Positron Emission Tomography–determined Cerebral β-Amyloid Deposition and Neurocognitive Performance after Cardiac Surgery.
- Effect of Epidural Infusion Bolus Delivery Rate on the Duration of Labor Analgesia: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Prolonged Catheter Use and Infection in Regional Anesthesia: A Retrospective Registry Analysis.
- Effect of Maternal Body Mass Index on Postpartum Hemorrhage.
Volume 73, Issue 4405-527April 2018
- Has analgesia changed for lung resection surgery?
- UK Confidential Enquiry into Maternal Deaths – still learning to save mothers’ lives.
- Exploring performance of, and attitudes to, Stop‐ and Mock‐Before‐You‐Block in preventing wrong‐side blocks.
- Pilot multi‐centre randomised trial of the impact of pre‐operative focused cardiac ultrasound on mortality and morbidity in patients having surgery for femoral neck fractures (ECHONOF‐2 pilot)
- Combined thoracic paravertebral and pectoral nerve blocks for breast surgery under sedation: a prospective observational case series.
- Propensity score‐matched outcomes after thoracic epidural or paravertebral analgesia for thoracotomy.
- Postoperative outcomes following cardiac surgery in non‐anaemic iron‐replete and iron‐deficient patients – an exploratory study.
- Determination of the optimal programmed intermittent epidural bolus volume of bupivacaine 0.0625% with fentanyl 2 μg.ml−1 at a fixed interval of forty minutes: a biased coin up‐and‐down sequential allocation trial.
- A new retrograde transillumination technique for videolaryngoscopic tracheal intubation.
- Intravenous dexamethasone for prophylaxis of postoperative nausea and vomiting after administration of long‐acting neuraxial opioids: a systematic review and meta‐analysis.
- A systematic review of the incidence of and risk factors for postoperative atrial fibrillation following general surgery.
- Hyperbaric vs. isobaric bupivacaine for spinal anaesthesia for elective caesarean section: a Cochrane systematic review.
- A good pilot to navigate troubled waters.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Safe Surgery Globally by 2030: The View From Anesthesia.
- Safe Surgery Globally by 2030: The View From Surgery.
- Safe Surgery Globally by 2030: The Essential Role of Anesthesia, The View From Obstetrics.
- SmartTots: Quo Vadis?
- Age Does Not Affect Metoprolol’s Effect on Perioperative Outcomes (From the POISE Database)
- Myocardial Protection by Glucose–Insulin–Potassium in Moderate- to High-Risk Patients Undergoing Elective On-Pump Cardiac Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Heating and Cooling Rates With an Esophageal Heat Exchange System.
- Intravenous Iron for Treatment of Anemia in the 3 Perisurgical Phases: A Review and Analysis of the Current Literature.
- Pain: A Neglected Problem in the Low-Resource Setting.
4. British Journal of Anaesthesia
April 2018 Volume 120, Issue 4, p615-886
- From ‘goal-directed haemodynamic therapy’ to ‘individualised perioperative haemodynamic management’
- Monkey business: the importance of mounting behavioural evidence for anaesthesia-induced developmental neurotoxicity.
- Quest for new drugs: a way to solve anaesthesia neurotoxicity?
- Mode of anaesthesia for Caesarean delivery and maternal morbidity: can we overcome confounding by indication?
- Analysing tidal volumes early after a positive end-expiratory pressure increase: a new way to determine optimal PEEP in the operating theatre?
- The dark ages of maternal sepsis: time to be enlightened.
- Perioperative management of patients with congenital or acquired disorders of the QT interval.
- Steroids in cardiac surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Efficacy and adverse effects of buprenorphine in acute pain management: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.
- Should continuous rather than single-injection interscalene block be routinely offered for major shoulder surgery? A meta-analysis of the analgesic and side-effects profiles.
- Haematoma and abscess after neuraxial anaesthesia: a review of 647 cases.
- Systematic review and consensus definitions for the Standardised Endpoints in Perioperative Medicine (StEP) initiative: patient comfort.
- Incidence of thrombosis in perioperative and non-operative myocardial infarction.
- Effect of goal-directed haemodynamic therapy on postoperative complications in low–moderate risk surgical patients: a multicentre randomised controlled trial (FEDORA trial)
- Pattern of perioperative gabapentinoid use and risk for postoperative naloxone administration.
- Single-shot pectoral plane (PECs I and PECs II) blocks versus continuous local anaesthetic infusion analgesia or both after non-ambulatory breast-cancer surgery: a prospective, randomised, double-blind trial.
- Evaluation of lung and chest wall mechanics during anaesthesia using the PEEP-step method.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA)
- About anaesthetists and artists.
- Effect of various durations of smoking cessation on postoperative outcomes: A retrospective cohort analysis.
- Intraoperative hypotension is associated with acute kidney injury in noncardiac surgery: An observational study.
- Effects of pressure support ventilation on ventilator-induced lung injury in mild acute respiratory distress syndrome depend on level of positive end-expiratory pressure: A randomised animal study.
6. Acta Anaesthesiogica Scandinavica
Volume62, Issue4 April 2018 Pages 420-450
Volume62, Issue4 April 2018 Pages 420-450
- Scandinavian SSAI clinical practice guideline on choice of inotropic agent for patients with acute circulatory failure.
- Reliability of body‐weight scalars on the assessment of propofol induction dose in obese patients.
- Radiologic indicators for prediction of difficult laryngoscopy in patients with cervical spondylosis.
- The effect of perineural dexamethasone on duration of sciatic nerve blockade: a randomized, double‐blind study.
7. Pediatric Anesthesia
- Dura to spinal cord distance at different vertebral levels in children and its implications on epidural analgesia: A retrospective MRI‐based study.
- Distances from vocal cords to mid‐trachea for optimizing endotracheal tubes depth markers according to gestational age.
8. International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia
May 2018 Volume 34, p1-118
- Cesarean birth – What’s in a name?
- Comparison of rocuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade in second trimester pregnant women and non-pregnant women.
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of gastric contents in term pregnant women fasted for six hours.
- Incidence and risk factors for epidural re-siting in parturients with breakthrough pain during labour epidural analgesia: a cohort study.
- Use of epidural clonidine for the management of analgesia in the opioid addicted parturient on buprenorphine maintenance therapy: an observational study.
9. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Interfascial Plane Blocks: Back to Basics.
- Plasma Ropivacaine Concentrations Following Local Infiltration Analgesia in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Pharmacokinetic Study to Determine Safety Following Fixed-Dose Administration.
- Analgesia of Combined Femoral Triangle and Obturator Nerve Blockade Is Superior to Local Infiltration Analgesia After Total Knee Arthroplasty With High-Dose Intravenous Dexamethasone.
- The Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve: Description of the Sensory Territory and a Novel Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Block Technique.
- Spread of Quadratus Lumborum Block to the Paravertebral Space Via Intramuscular Injection: A Volunteer Study.
- Comparison of Paravertebral Block by Anatomic Landmark Technique to Ultrasound-Guided Paravertebral Block for Breast Surgery Anesthesia: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Literature Review and Meta-Analysis of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation in Treating Chronic Back Pain.
- Dexamethasone as an Adjuvant to Femoral Nerve Block in Children and Adolescents Undergoing Knee Arthroscopy: A Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
10. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia
Volume 12 | Issue 2
Page Nos. 175-375
- Ultrasound and central neuraxial blocks.
- Preperitoneal postcesarean section bupivacaine analgesia: Comparison between dexamethasone and dexmedetomidine as adjuvants.
- Dexmedetomidine vs morphine and midazolam in the prevention and treatment of delirium after adult cardiac surgery; a randomized, double-blinded clinical trial.
- A prospective randomized study on the impact of low-dose dexamethasone on perioperative blood glucose concentrations in diabetics and nondiabetics.
- Pain assessment in the critically ill mechanically ventilated adult patients: Comparison between skin conductance algesimeter index and physiologic indicators.
- Using dexamethasone as an adjuvant to levobupivacaine in epidural anesthesia to change the pain intensity and duration in painless labor.
- Efficacy and safety of pulsed radiofrequency and steroid injection for intercostobrachial neuralgia in postmastectomy pain syndrome – A clinical trial.
- Efficacy and safety of dexmedetomidine infusion for patients undergoing awake craniotomy: An observational study.
- Morphine versus fentanyl patient-controlled analgesia for postoperative pain control in major hepatic resection surgeries including living liver donors: A retrospective study.
- Evaluation of transversus abdominis plane block for renal transplant recipients – A meta-analysis and trial sequential analysis of published studies.
- Lumbar epidural depth using transverse ultrasound scan and its correlation with loss of resistance technique: A prospective observational study in Indian population.
- Point-of-care ultrasound in the airway assessment: A correlation of ultrasonography-guided parameters to the Cormack–Lehane Classification.
- Dexmedetomidine in a surgically inserted catheter for transversus abdominis plane block in donor hepatectomy: A prospective randomized controlled study.
- Intraoperative fluid management: Past and future, where is the evidence?