- Science, Medicine, and the Anesthesiologist.
- How Low Can You Go? Minimum Dosage and Safety of Intraneural Sciatic Nerve Blocks.
- Intraneural Ultrasound-guided Sciatic Nerve Block: Minimum Effective Volume and Electrophysiologic Effects.
- Cost-benefit Analysis of Maintaining a Fully Stocked Malignant Hyperthermia Cart versus an Initial Dantrolene Treatment Dose for Maternity Units.
- Combined Recirculatory-compartmental Population Pharmacokinetic Modeling of Arterial and Venous Plasma S(+) and R(–) Ketamine Concentrations.
- Ketamine Alters Hippocampal Cell Proliferation and Improves Learning in Mice after Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Comparison of Tracheal Intubation Conditions in Operating Room and Intensive Care Unit: A Prospective, Observational Study.
- Presumed β-Lactam Allergy and Cross-reactivity in the Operating Theater: A Practical Approach.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
August 2018 Volume 121, Issue 2, p335-520, e17-e32
- Predictive value of cell cycle arrest biomarkers for cardiac surgery-associated acute kidney injury: a meta-analysis.
- Comparison of ultrasound guidance with palpation and direct visualisation for peripheral vein cannulation in adult patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Blood lactate concentration and shock index associated with massive transfusion in emergency department patients with primary postpartum haemorrhage.
- Efficacy of perioperative dexmedetomidine on postoperative delirium: systematic review and meta-analysis with trial sequential analysis of randomised controlled trials.
- Association between exposure to anaesthesia and surgery and long-term cognitive trajectories in older adults: report from the Mayo Clinic Study of Aging.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Does A Low 6-Minute Walk Distance Predict Elevated Postoperative Troponin?
- A Randomized Trial of Continuous Noninvasive Blood Pressure Monitoring During Noncardiac Surgery.
- The Incidence of Transfusion-Related Acute Lung Injury at a Large, Urban Tertiary Medical Center: A Decade’s Experience.
- Pulse Pressure and Carotid Artery Doppler Velocimetry as Indicators of Maternal Volume Status: A Prospective Cohort Study.
- Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery Who Decline Transfusion and Received Erythropoietin Compared to Patients Who Did Not: A Matched Cohort Study.
- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction and Noncardiac Surgery.
- A Prospective Observational Study of Anesthesia-Related Adverse Events and Postoperative Complications Occurring During a Surgical Mission in Madagascar.
- Dexamethasone as an Adjuvant for Caudal Blockade in Pediatric Surgical Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Opioid Use Disorders: Perioperative Management of a Special Population.
Volume 73, Issue 8
- Age cannot wither her? – NCEPOD at 30
- Definitions of anaesthetic technique and the implications for clinical research.
- A primer on the ethics of teaching and learning in airway management.
- Lung ultrasound compared with chest X‐ray in diagnosing postoperative pulmonary complications following cardiothoracic surgery: a prospective observational study.
- The early in‐vivo effects of a single anti‐emetic dose of dexamethasone on innate immune cell gene expression and activation in healthy volunteers.
- Reliability of repeated arm‐crank cardiopulmonary exercise tests in patients with small abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Sodium‐glucose co‐transporter type‐2 inhibitors: pharmacology and peri‐operative considerations.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA)
- Anaesthesiology and ethics: Autonomy in childbirth.
- Cannot oxygenate, cannot intubate in small children: Urgent need for better data!
- The emergency paediatric surgical airway: A systematic review.
- Lung recruitment prevents collapse during laparoscopy in children: A randomised controlled trial.
- Emergence times and airway reactions during general anaesthesia with remifentanil and a laryngeal mask airway: A multicentre randomised controlled trial.
- Evaluation of two neck ultrasound measurements as predictors of difficult direct laryngoscopy: A prospective observational study.
6. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 8, August 2018
- Ethical dilemmas in global anesthesia and surgery.
- Transfusion triggers in cardiac surgery: Where do we go from here?
- Does apneic oxygenation prevent desaturation during emergency airway management? A systematic review and meta-analysis.
7. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
Volume 62, Issue 7
- Effect of pre‐operative methylprednisolone on orthostatic hypotension during early mobilization after total hip arthroplasty.
- Impact of upper respiratory tract infections on perioperative outcomes of children undergoing therapeutic cardiac catheterisation.
- Vasopressin and nitroglycerin decrease portal and hepatic venous pressure and hepato‐splanchnic blood flow.
8. International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
August 2018 Volume 35, p1-118
- Neuraxial block for delivery among women with low platelet counts: a retrospective analysis.
- The optimal concentration of bupivacaine and levobupivacaine for labor pain management using patient-controlled epidural analgesia: a double-blind, randomized controlled trial.
- A randomized trial comparing surgeon-administered intraoperative transversus abdominis plane block with anesthesiologist-administered transcutaneous block.
- Intraperitoneal chloroprocaine is a useful adjunct to neuraxial block during cesarean delivery: a case series.
- The effect of a single intraoperative dose of intravenous dexamethasone 8 mg on post-cesarean delivery analgesia: a randomized controlled trial.
- Horner’s syndrome following obstetric neuraxial blockade – a systematic review of the literature.
9. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- A Cadaveric Study Investigating the Mechanism of Action of Erector Spinae Blockade.
- Perineural Low-Dose Dexamethasone Prolongs Interscalene Block Analgesia With Bupivacaine Compared With Systemic Dexamethasone: A Randomized Trial.
- Ultrasound-Guided Percutaneous Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: Neuromodulation of the Sciatic Nerve for Postoperative Analgesia Following Ambulatory Foot Surgery, a Proof-of-Concept Study.
- A Randomized Comparison Between Interscalene and Small-Volume Supraclavicular Blocks for Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery.
- Pectoral I Block Does Not Improve Postoperative Analgesia After Breast Cancer Surgery: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Dual-Centered Controlled Trial.
10. Paediatric Anaesthesia
Volume 28, Issue 8
- Infraorbital foramen location in the pediatric population: A guide for infraorbital nerve block.
- Dorsal penile nerve block for circumcision in pediatric patients: A prospective, observer‐blinded, randomized controlled clinical trial for the comparison of ultrasound‐guided vs landmark technique.
- Effects of remifentanil maintenance during recovery on emergence delirium in children with sevoflurane anesthesia.