- Personalized PEEP: Options for Getting It Just Right.
- Lung-protective Ventilation in the Operating Room: Individualized Positive End-expiratory Pressure Is Needed!
- Individual Positive End-expiratory Pressure Settings Optimize Intraoperative Mechanical Ventilation and Reduce Postoperative Atelectasis.
- Patient Blood Management Program Improves Blood Use and Clinical Outcomes in Orthopedic Surgery.
- Comparison of Two Major Perioperative Bleeding Scores for Cardiac Surgery Trials: Universal Definition of Perioperative Bleeding in Cardiac Surgery and European Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Bleeding Severity Grade.
- Prediction Score for Postoperative Neurologic Complications after Brain Tumor Craniotomy: A Multicenter Observational Study.
- Ultrasound Is Superior to Palpation in Identifying the Cricothyroid Membrane in Subjects with Poorly Defined Neck Landmarks: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Morbidity and Mortality of Crystalloids Compared to Colloids in Critically Ill Surgical Patients: A Subgroup Analysis of a Randomized Trial.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
December 2018 Volume 121, Issue 6, p1187-1380
- Ketamine and depression.
- Measuring non-technical skills of anaesthesiologists in the operating room: a systematic review of assessment tools and their measurement properties.
- Association of preoperative anaemia with postoperative morbidity and mortality: an observational cohort study in low-, middle-, and high-income countries.
- Effect of intravenous S-ketamine on the MAC of sevoflurane: a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blinded clinical trial.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Going With the Flow Cerebrovascular Disease and Autoregulation .
- Brain Protection Beyond the OR Consensus Statement on Perioperative Neurocognitive Disorders (PND).
- Cerebral Small Vessel, But Not Large Vessel Disease, Is Associated With Impaired Cerebral Autoregulation During Cardiopulmonary Bypass. A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Mild Perioperative Hypothermia and Myocardial Injury. A Retrospective Cohort Analysis.
- Best Practices for Postoperative Brain Health. Recommendations From the Fifth International Perioperative Neurotoxicity Working Group.
- Addition of Neostigmine and Atropine to Conventional Management of Postdural Puncture Headache. A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- The effect of high‐flow nasal oxygen on hospital length of stay in cardiac surgical patients at high risk for respiratory complications: a randomised controlled trial.
- Topical application of corticosteroids to tracheal tubes to prevent postoperative sore throat in adults undergoing tracheal intubation: a systematic review and meta‐analysis.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Pitfalls of clinical practice guidelines in the era of broken science. Let’s raise the standards.
- Peri-operative respiratory adverse events in children with upper respiratory tract infections allowed to proceed with anaesthesia. A French national cohort study.
- How current transfusion practices in geriatric patients with hip fracture still differ from current guidelines and the effects on outcome. A retrospective observational study.
6. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 12, December 2018
- Special announcement—procedural sedation: a position paper of the Canadian Anesthesiologists’ Society.
- Optimal inspiratory pressure for face mask ventilation in paralyzed and unparalyzed children to prevent gastric insufflation: a prospective, randomized, non-blinded study.
7. Pediatric Anesthesia
Volume 28, Issue 12i-iv, 1063, 1065-1161December 2018
- A comparison of midazolam and zolpidem as oral premedication in children, a prospective randomized double‐blinded clinical trial.
- A retrospective comparison of propofol to dexmedetomidine for pediatric magnetic resonance imaging sedation in patients with mucopolysaccharidosis type II.
- Performance of blow‐by methods in delivering oxygen to pediatric patients during transport: A laboratory study.
- Comparative evaluation of CMAC and Truview picture capture device for endotracheal intubation in neonates and infants undergoing elective surgeries: A prospective randomized control trial.