AnesthesiologyDecember 2017Vol: 127, Issue 6Pages: 913 – 1049
- Effect of Xenon Anesthesia Compared to Sevoflurane and Total Intravenous Anesthesia for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery on Postoperative Cardiac Troponin Release: An International, Multicenter, Phase 3, Single-blinded, Randomized Noninferiority Trial.
- A Random-allocation Graded Dose–Response Study of Norepinephrine and Phenylephrine for Treating Hypotension during Spinal Anesthesia for Cesarean Delivery.
- Association between Intrapartum Magnesium Administration and the Incidence of Maternal Fever: A Retrospective Cross-sectional Study.
- Prevalence and Prognosis Impact of Patient–Ventilator Asynchrony in Early Phase of Weaning according to Two Detection Methods.
- Suprascapular and Interscalene Nerve Block for Shoulder Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Stem Cell–based Therapies for Sepsis.
British Journal of Anaesthesia
- Systematic review to determine which valid
ated measurement tools can be used to assess risk of problematic analgesic use in patients with chronic pain.
- Intraoperative oliguria predicts acute kidney injury after major abdominal surgery.
- Novel method for intraoperative assessment of cerebral autoregulation by paced breathing.
- Is postspinal hypotension a sign of impaired cardiac performance in the elderly? An observational mechanistic study.
- Individualized positive end-expiratory pressure in obese patients during general anaesthesia: a randomized controlled clinical trial using electrical impedance tomography.
Volume 72, Issue 12
- Cerebral oximetry: another blow to non-invasive monitoring?
2. Nasotracheal intubation over a bougie vs. non-bougie intubation: a prospective randomised, controlled trial in older children and adults using videolaryngoscopy.
- The effect of acetazolamide on intra-ocular pressure after Trendelenburg positioning – a randomised double-blind crossover trial in volunteers.
Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Massive Transfusion Protocols: When to Turn On, and Off, the Fire Hose.
- Being Mindful in Managing Pain: Integrative Medicine in Chronic Pain Management.
- The Aortocaval Compression Conundrum.
- Tranexamic Acid Administration During On-Pump Cardiac Surgery: A Survey of Current Practices Among Canadian Anesthetists Working in Academic Centers.
- Perioperative Use of Focused Transthoracic Cardiac Ultrasound: A Survey of Current Practice and Opinion.
- End-Expiratory Occlusion Test Predicts Fluid Responsiveness in Patients With Protective Ventilation in the Operating Room.
- Utilizing Forced Vital Capacity to Predict Low Lung Compliance and Select Intraoperative Tidal Volume During Thoracic Surgery.
- Neuraxial and Combined Neuraxial/General Anesthesia Compared to General Anesthesia for Major Truncal and Lower Limb Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- The Assignment of American Society of Anesthesiologists Physical Status Classification for Adult Polytrauma Patients: Results From a Survey and Future Considerations.
- Aortocaval Compression Syndrome: Time to Revisit Certain Dogmas.
- Continuous Pulse Oximetry and Capnography Monitoring for Postoperative Respiratory Depression and Adverse Events: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Postoperative Outcomes in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Comparative Studies.
- Using Integrative Medicine in Pain Management: An Evaluation of Current Evidence.
- Role of Urine Drug Testing in the Current Opioid Epidemic.
- Opioid Prescribing for the Treatment of Acute Pain in Children on Hospital Discharge.
European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA)
- High quality of evidence is uncommon in Cochrane systematic reviews in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Emergency Medicine.
Volume 27, Issue 12
- Optimal management of apparatus dead space in the anesthetized infant.
- What is the best size predictor for dose in the obese child?
- Xenon as an adjuvant to sevoflurane anesthesia in children younger than 4 years of age, undergoing interventional or diagnostic cardiac catheterization: A randomized controlled clinical trial.
- A retrospective comparison of thoracic epidural infusion and multimodal analgesia protocol for pain management following the minimally invasive repair of pectus excavatum.
- Informed consent in pediatric anaesthesiology.
Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 64, Issue 12, December 2017
- Radial artery spasm: Should we worry?
- Anesthesiologists, it’s time to get social!
- The effect of an increased pulse width on the pattern of motor response (unilateral versus bilateral) during the Tsui test in labouring parturients: a randomized crossover trial.