1. An Anesthesiologist’s Perspective on the History of Basic Airway Management: The “Progressive” Era, 1904 to 1960.
2. Impact of a Novel Multiparameter Decision Support System on Intraoperative Processes of Care and Postoperative Outcomes.
3. Defining Intrinsic Cardiac Risks of Operations to Improve Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessments.
4. Incidence of Artifacts and Deviating Values in Research Data Obtained from an Anesthesia Information Management System in Children.
5. Cost-effectiveness Analysis of Intraoperative Cell Salvage for Obstetric Hemorrhage.
6. Microvascular Permeability after an Acute and Chronic Salt Load in Healthy Subjects: A Randomized Open-label Crossover Intervention Study.
Volume 73, Issue 2
1. Between evidence and commerce – the case of sufentanil sublingual tablet systems.
2. Time to stop using uncuffed tracheal tubes in children?
3. Decision-making in response to respiratory veno-venous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation referrals: is current practice precise enough?
4. Cuffed vs. uncuffed tracheal tubes in children: a randomised controlled trial comparing leak, tidal volume and complications.
5. A randomised controlled trial comparing high-flow nasal oxygen with standard management for conscious sedation during bronchoscopy.
6. Acceptance and transfer to a regional severe respiratory failure and veno-venous extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) service: predictors and outcomes.
7. Defining sepsis on the wards: results of a multi-centre point-prevalence study comparing two sepsis definitions.
8. Effect of sufentanil on bispectral index in the elderly.
9. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of sublingual sufentanil for postoperative pain management.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
1. Low- Versus High-Chloride Content Intravenous Solutions for Critically Ill and Perioperative Adult Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
2. The Impact of Prehospital Tranexamic Acid on Blood Coagulation in Trauma Patients.
3. The Analgesic Effect of Ultrasound-Guided Quadratus Lumborum Block After Cesarean Delivery: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
4. The Pediatric Anesthesiology Workforce: Projecting Supply and Trends 2015–2035.
5. Prospective Observational Study of Intraoperative Anesthetic Events in District Hospitals in Namibia.
6. MicroRNAs as Clinical Biomarkers and Therapeutic Tools in Perioperative Medicine.
7. A Perioperative Medicine Model for Population Health: An Integrated Approach for an Evolving Clinical Science.
4. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
Volume 62, Issue 2
1. Trauma team activation – common rules, common gain.
2. Urgency of caesarean section, grading, alarm chain and intrauterine resuscitation – a survey of Scandinavian practice.
3. Spinal or general anaesthesia for lower-limb amputation in peripheral artery disease – a retrospective cohort study.
5. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 2, February 2018
1. Sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitors (SGLT-2i) in the perioperative setting.
2. The gas has the last laugh.
3. Statistical reporting and table construction guidelines for publication in the Canadian Journal of Anesthesia.
4. Nitrous oxide added at the end of isoflurane anesthesia hastens early recovery without increasing the risk for postoperative nausea and vomiting: a randomized clinical trial.
5. Subcutaneous ketamine for postoperative pain relief in Rwanda: a randomized clinical trial.
6. Equivalent analgesic effectiveness between perineural and intravenous dexamethasone as adjuvants for peripheral nerve blockade: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
6. International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia
February 2018 Volume 33, p1-102
1. Airway changes following labor and delivery in preeclamptic parturients: a prospective case control study.
2. A randomised comparison of bolus phenylephrine and ephedrine for the management of spinal hypotension in patients with severe preeclampsia and fetal compromise.
3. Preoperative anterior thigh temperature does not correlate with perioperative temporal hypothermia during cesarean delivery with spinal anesthesia: Secondary analysis of a randomized control trial.
7. Pediatric Anesthesia
Volume 28, Issue 2
Pages i–iii,77, 79–188
1. Compatibility of common IV drugs with 6% hydroxyethyl starch 130/0.42 and 4% gelatin.
2. Ultrasound-guided lower forearm median nerve block in open surgery for trigger thumb in 1- to 3-year-old children: A randomized trial.
3. On-line preparatory information for children and their families undergoing dental extractions under general anesthesia: A phase III randomized controlled trial.
4. Optimum time for intravenous cannulation after induction with sevoflurane, oxygen, and nitrous oxide in children without any premedication.
8. European Journal of Anaesthesiology
1. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery.
2. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Neurosurgery.
3. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Patients with preexisting coagulation disorders and after severe perioperative bleeding.
4. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Inferior vena cava filters.
5. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Mechanical prophylaxis.
6. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Surgery in the elderly.
7. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Aspirin.
8. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Surgery during pregnancy and the immediate postpartum period.
9. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Day surgery and fast-track surgery.
10. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Chronic treatments with antiplatelet agents.
11. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Intensive care.
12. European guidelines on perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis: Surgery in the obese patient.
9. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
1. The Third American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Practice Advisory on Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity: Executive Summary 2017.
2. Relative Contributions of Adductor Canal Block and Intrathecal Morphine to Analgesia and Functional Recovery After Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
3. Intrathecal Morphine for Laparoscopic Segmental Colonic Resection as Part of an Enhanced Recovery Protocol: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
4. Sensory Assessment and Regression Rate of Bilateral Oblique Subcostal Transversus Abdominis Plane Block in Volunteers.
5. The European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy/American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Recommendations on Local Anesthetics and Adjuvants Dosage in Pediatric Regional Anesthesia.
10. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia
Volume 12 | Issue 1
Page Nos. 1-174
1. Intravenous lidocaine and postextubation laryngospasm.
2. Effect of intravenous lidocaine on the incidence of postextubation laryngospasm: A double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized trial.
3. Evaluation of the neurotoxicity of intrathecal dexmedetomidine on rat spinal cord (electromicroscopic observations).
4. Which is better for pain reduction during transrectal ultrasound-guided biopsy of the prostate: Intravenous diazepam, local periprostatic nerve block, or combination? controlled randomized study.
5. Comparative study of anatomical landmark-guided versus ultrasound-guided suprascapular nerve block in chronic shoulder pain.
6. Effect of dexmedetomidine on emergence agitation using desflurane in pediatric cataract surgery.
7. A randomized controlled trial comparing C Mac D Blade and Macintosh laryngoscope for nasotracheal intubation in patients undergoing surgeries for head and neck cancer.
8. Randomized comparison between dexmedetomidine and midazolam for prevention of emergence agitation after nasal surgeries.
9. Neck fat volume as a potential indicator of difficult intubation: A pilot study.
10. Endotrol tracheal tube and McGrath Mac are an effective combination for oral tracheal intubation.
11. Does neck circumference help to predict difficult intubation in obstetric patients? A prospective observational study.
12. Impact of duloxetine and dexamethasone for improving postoperative pain after laparoscopic gynecological surgeries: A randomized clinical trial.
11. British Journal Of Anaesthesia
February 2018 Volume 120, Issue 2, p201-418
1. Perineural dexamethasone: the dilemma of systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
2. Saline studies: how (not) to put nails in the coffin.
3. Postoperative fluid therapy on the ward: another job for anaesthetists?
4. Airway management inside and outside operating rooms—circumstances are quite different.
5. Modified supraglottic airway for gastroscopy: an advance in patient safety?
6. Co-administration of dexamethasone with peripheral nerve block: intravenous vs perineural application: systematic review, meta-analysis, meta-regression and trial-sequential analysis.
7. The impact of neuraxial clonidine on postoperative analgesia and perioperative adverse effects in women having elective Caesarean section–a systematic review and meta-analysis.
8. Analgesic efficacy of bilateral superficial cervical plexus block for thyroid surgery: meta-analysis and systematic review.
9. High-dose versus low-dose local anaesthetic for transversus abdominis plane block post-Caesarean delivery analgesia: a meta-analysis.
10. Normal saline versus a balanced crystalloid for goal-directed perioperative fluid therapy in major abdominal surgery: a double-blind randomised controlled study.
11. Could patient-controlled thirst-driven fluid administration lead to more rapid rehydration than clinician-directed fluid management? An early feasibility study.
12. High-sensitivity cardiac troponin T in young, healthy adults undergoing non-cardiac surgery.
13. Intravenous dexamethasone fails to prolong psoas compartment block when assessed by objective pinprick sensory testing: a prospective, randomised, dose-dependent, placebo-controlled equivalency trial.
14. Local anaesthetic dosage of peripheral nerve blocks in children: analysis of 40 121 blocks from the Pediatric Regional Anesthesia Network database.
15. Guidelines for the management of tracheal intubation in critically ill adults.
16. Efficacy of a new dual channel laryngeal mask airway, the LMA®Gastro™ Airway, for upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: a prospective observational study.
17. Effect of preoxygenation using non-invasive ventilation before intubation on subsequent organ failures in hypoxaemic patients: a randomised clinical trial.
18. Differential effects of sevoflurane on the metastatic potential and chemosensitivity of non-small-cell lung adenocarcinoma and renal cell carcinoma in vitro.
19. Current concepts of fluid management in enhanced recovery pathways.
20. Choice of fluid type: physiological concepts and perioperative indications.
21. Intravenous fluids: effects on renal outcomes.