- Amisulpride for the Rescue Treatment of Postoperative Nausea or Vomiting in Patients Failing Prophylaxis: A Randomized, Placebo-controlled Phase III Trial
- Non–steady State Modeling of the Ventilatory Depressant Effect of Remifentanil in Awake Patients Experiencing Moderate-to-severe Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Long-term Impact of Crystalloid versus Colloid Solutions on Renal Function and Disability-free Survival after Major Abdominal Surgery .
- Outcomes of Patients Presenting with Mild Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: Insights from the LUNG SAFE Study.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
February 2019 Volume 122, Issue 2, p159-288, e15-e32
- Prospective observational cohort study of the association between antiplatelet therapy, bleeding and thrombosis in patients with coronary stents undergoing noncardiac surgery.
- The many contributions of WW Mapleson to the British Journal of Anaesthesia.
- Cardiac vagal dysfunction and myocardial injury after non-cardiac surgery: a planned secondary analysis of the measurement of Exercise Tolerance before surgery study.
- Haemodynamic profiles of etomidate vs propofol for induction of anaesthesia: a randomised controlled trial in patients undergoing cardiac surgery.
- Tidal changes in PaO2 and their relationship to cyclical lung recruitment/derecruitment in a porcine lung injury model.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Evidence Basis for Regional Anesthesia in Ambulatory Arthroscopic Knee Surgery and Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Part II
- Anticipated Rates and Costs of Guideline-Concordant Preoperative Stress Testing.
- Relationship Between Preoperative Antidepressant and Antianxiety Medications and Postoperative Hospital Length of Stay.
- Organ Donation After Circulatory Death. Ethical Issues and International Practices.
- Combined Colloid Preload and Crystalloid Coload Versus Crystalloid Coload During Spinal Anesthesia for Cesarean Delivery. A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Preoperative Salivary Cortisol AM/PM Ratio Predicts Early Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction After Noncardiac Surgery in Elderly Patients.
- Anaesthetic research in low‐ and middle‐income countries.
- The analgesic effects of intrathecal morphine in comparison with ultrasound‐guided transversus abdominis plane block after caesarean section: a randomised controlled trial at a Ugandan regional referral hospital.
- Anaphylaxis to intravenous gelatin‐based solutions: a case series examining clinical features and severity.
- Uterotonics in elective caesarean delivery: a randomised non‐inferiority study comparing carbetocin 20 μg and 100 μg.
- Guidelines for the safe practice of total intravenous anaesthesia (TIVA)
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA)
- Postoperative pneumonia. Can this important complication be predicted and anticipated?
- Intra-operative heart rate and postoperative outcomes – rowing against the tide?
- Orthostatic intolerance following hip arthroplasty. incidence, risk factors and effect on length of stay. A prospective cohort study.
6. International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia
February 2019 Volume 37, p1-142
- Comparison between general, spinal, epidural, and combined spinal-epidural anesthesia for cesarean delivery: a network meta-analysis.
- Ephedrine versus phenylephrine as a vasopressor for spinal anaesthesia-induced hypotension in parturients undergoing high-risk caesarean section: meta-analysis, meta-regression and trial sequential analysis.
- Prophylactic infusion of phenylephrine is effective in attenuating the decrease in regional cerebral blood volume and oxygenation during spinal anesthesia for cesarean section.
7. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- The effects of general anaesthesia on oxygen consumption: A meta‐analysis guiding future studies on perioperative oxygen transport.
- Iatrogenic cerebral gas embolism–A systematic review of case reports.
- Endorsement of clinical practice guidelines by the Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
8. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 66, Issue 2, February 2019
- A friend in need: evaluating the impact of Lifebox in Burkina Faso.
- An observational study of end-tidal carbon dioxide trends in general anesthesia.
9. Paediatric Anaesthesia
Volume 29, Issue 2
- A systematic review and narrative synthesis on the histological and neurobehavioral long‐term effects of dexmedetomidine.
- What are the validity and reliability of the modified Yale Preoperative Anxiety Scale‐Short Form in children less than 2 years old?
- Postoperative behavioral changes in Chinese children undergoing hypospadias repair surgery: A prospective cohort study.
- A study of the dosage and duration for levobupivacaine infusion by the caudal‐epidural route in infants aged 3‐6 months.
- Quality control and stability of ketamine, remifentanil, and sufentanil syringes in a pediatric operating theater.
10. Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine
February 2019 – Volume 44 – 2
- Lower extremity regional anesthesia: essentials of our current understanding.
Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine. 2019;44:143-180
- Ultrasound-guided suprainguinal fascia iliaca compartment block versus periarticular infiltration for pain management after total hip arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial.
- Procedural predictors of epidural blood patch efficacy in spontaneous intracranial hypotension.
- Association between perioperative statin use and postoperative pain after total knee arthroplasty.
- Subarachnoid block with continuous TAP catheter analgesia produces less chronic pain and better functional outcome after inguinal hernioplasty: a randomized controlled observer-blinded study.
- Comparison of programmed intermittent bolus infusion and continuous infusion for postoperative patient-controlled analgesia with thoracic paravertebral block catheter: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial.