Vol: 128, Issue 1
Pages: 1 – 239
- Chasing Unicorns: Debunking the Myths Around Reversal of Neuromuscular Blockade.
- Neostigmine Administration after Spontaneous Recovery to a Train-of-Four Ratio of 0.9 to 1.0: A Randomized Controlled Trial of the Effect on Neuromuscular and Clinical Recovery.
- Prevalence of Potentially Distracting Noncare Activities and Their Effects on Vigilance, Workload, and Nonroutine Events during Anesthesia Care.
- Crystalloid versus Colloid for Intraoperative Goal-directed Fluid Therapy Using a Closed-loop System: A Randomized, Double-blinded, Controlled Trial in Major Abdominal Surgery.
- Effects of Forced Air Warming on Airflow around the Operating Table.
- An International, Multicenter, Observational Study of Cerebral Oxygenation during Infant and Neonatal Anesthesia.
- Effects of Changes in Arterial Carbon Dioxide and Oxygen Partial Pressures on Cerebral Oximeter Performance.
Volume 73, Issue 1
- Management of hypotension with vasopressors at caesarean section under spinal anaesthesia – have we found the Holy Grail of obstetric anaesthesia?
- Is unconsciousness simply the reverse of consciousness?
- The illusion of informed consent.
- Can point-of-care ultrasound predict spinal hypotension during caesarean section? A prospective observational study.
- Maternal cardiac output response to colloid preload and vasopressor therapy during spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section in patients with severe pre-eclampsia: a randomised, controlled trial.
- Consequences of proceeding with surgery after resuscitation from intra-operative anaphylaxis.
- Evidence of hysteresis in propofol pharmacodynamics.
- Evidence of hysteresis in propofol pharmacodynamics.
- Peripheral nerve block in ankle fracture surgery: a qualitative study of patients’ experiences.
- Evaluation of a novel waste anaesthetic gas scavenger device for use during recovery from anaesthesia.
- Human cadavers preserved using Thiel’s method for the teaching of fibreoptically-guided intubation of the trachea: a laboratory investigation.
- International consensus statement on the management of hypotension with vasopressors during caesarean section under spinal anaesthesia.
- Strategies for the prevention of airway complications – a narrative review.
- Accidental awareness during general anaesthesia – a narrative review.
BJA Special RCoA 25th Anniversary Issue ‘Landmarks in UK Anaesthesia’
- Growing the next generation of anaesthesia research leaders.
- Quality, safety, and outcomes in anaesthesia: what’s to be done? An international perspective.
- nnovations in management of cardiac disease: drugs, treatment strategies and technology.
- Fit for surgery? Perspectives on preoperative exercise testing and training.
- Thiopental to desflurane – an anaesthetic journey. Where are we going next?
- Reversal of residual neuromuscular block: complications associated with perioperative management of muscle relaxation.
- Are we close to the ideal intravenous fluid?
- The evolution of robotic surgery: surgical and anaesthetic aspects.
- Postoperative cognitive dysfunction and dementia: what we need to know and do.
- An overview of space medicine.
- The evolution of airway management – new concepts and conflicts with traditional practice.
- Role of GABAA receptor subtypes in the behavioural effects of intravenous general anaesthetics.
Anesthesia & Analgesia
- The Coagulation Profile of End-Stage Liver Disease and Considerations for Intraoperative Management.
- Comparison of the Mallampati Classification in Sitting and Supine Position to Predict Difficult Tracheal Intubation: A Prospective Observational Cohort Study.
- Preoperative Warming Versus no Preoperative Warming for Maintenance of Normothermia in Women Receiving Intrathecal Morphine for Cesarean Delivery: A Single-Blinded, Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Core Temperature Monitoring in Obstetric Spinal Anesthesia Using an Ingestible Telemetric Sensor.
- Optimal Dose of Perineural Dexamethasone to Prolong Analgesia After Brachial Plexus Blockade: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA)
- Safety and quality of procedural sedation and analgesia practice for adult patients throughout Europe: A step forward.
- Procedural sedation and analgesia for adults in Europe: Safety first.
- European Society of Anaesthesiology and European Board of Anaesthesiology guidelines for procedural sedation and analgesia in adults.
- Fibrinogen on Admission in Trauma score: Early prediction of low plasma fibrinogen concentrations in trauma patients.
- Clinical signs and electroencephalographic patterns of emergence from sevoflurane anaesthesia in children: An observational study.
Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
Volume 62, Issue 1
- Biomarkers of acute kidney injury – a mission impossible?
- Untargeted antifungal therapy in adult patients with complicated intra-abdominal infection: a systematic review.
- Infrared Red Intubation System (IRRIS) guided flexile videoscope assisted difficult airway management.
- Effect of maternal oxygen inhalation on foetal free radical activity: a prospective, randomized trial.
- A novel risk score for severe ARDS patients undergoing ECMO after retrieval from peripheral hospitals.
- Impact of age on cardiovascular function, inflammation, and oxidative stress in experimental asphyxial cardiac arrest.
- Pleth variability index can predict spinal anaesthesia-induced hypotension in patients undergoing caesarean delivery.
- A randomized trial of automated intermittent ropivacaine administration vs. continuous infusion in an interscalene catheter.
Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 1, January 2018
- Special announcement: Guidelines to the Practice of Anesthesia – Revised Edition 2018.
- Withholding and withdrawing life support: difficult decisions around care at the end of life.
- Limitations of pediatric supraglottic airway devices as conduits for intubation – an in vitro study.
- Effect of dexamethasone dose and route on the duration of interscalene brachial plexus block for outpatient arthroscopic shoulder surgery: a randomized controlled trial.
Volume 28, Issue 1
Pages i–iii,1, 3–76
- New solutions to reduce wrong route medication errors.
- Introducing the 6-4-0 fasting regimen and the incidence of prolonged preoperative fasting in children.
Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- The Use of Regional or Neuraxial Anesthesia for Below-Knee Amputations May Reduce the Need for Perioperative Blood Transfusions.
- Comparison of Continuous Proximal Versus Distal Adductor Canal Blocks for Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Noninferiority Trial.
- Prospective, Multicenter, Randomized, Crossover Clinical Trial Comparing the Safety and Effectiveness of Cooled Radiofrequency Ablation With Corticosteroid Injection in the Management of Knee Pain From Osteoarthritis.