- Operation Cancer Resection: Does Anesthetic Approach Matter?
- Anesthesia and Cancer Recurrence: Context for Divergent Study Outcomes.
- Trusted Evidence: Discovery to Practice.
- Practice Advisory for Perioperative Visual Loss Associated with Spine Surgery 2019: An Updated Report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Perioperative Visual Loss, the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society, and the Society for Neuroscience in Anesthesiology and Critical Care.
- Total Intravenous Anesthesia versus Inhalation Anesthesia for Breast Cancer Surgery: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Succinylcholine Use and Dantrolene Availability for Malignant Hyperthermia Treatment: Database Analyses and Systematic Review.
- Norepinephrine Infusion for Preventing Postspinal Anesthesia Hypotension during Cesarean Delivery: A Randomized Dose-finding Trial.
- Cognitive Effects of Perioperative Pregabalin: Secondary Exploratory Analysis of a Randomized Placebo-controlled Study.
- Triple-low Alerts Do Not Reduce Mortality: A Real-time Randomized Trial.
- Analgesic Effects of Hydromorphone versus Buprenorphine in Buprenorphine-maintained Individuals.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
January 2019 Volume 122, Issue 1, p1-158, e1-e14
- Perioperative thrombocytopenia: evidence, evaluation, and emerging therapies.
- Abnormal calcium signalling and the caffeine–halothane contracture test.
- Term pregnant patients have similar gastric volume to non-pregnant females: a single-centre cohort study.
- Using the 6-minute walk test to predict disability-free survival after major surgery.
- Dexmedetomidine enhances ropivacaine-induced sciatic nerve injury in diabetic rats.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- A Bloodless Surgical Journey Alternatives to Transfusion.
- Alternatives for Pediatric Anticoagulation. The Case for Bivalirudin.
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists/European Association of Cardiothoracic Anaesthetists Practice Advisory for the Management of Perioperative Atrial Fibrillation in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery.
- Bivalirudin for Pediatric Procedural Anticoagulation. A Narrative Review.
- Evidence Basis for Regional Anesthesia in Ambulatory Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Part I—Femoral Nerve Block.
- The Impact of Anesthesia-Influenced Process Measure Compliance on Length of Stay.
- Proceedings From the Society for Advancement of Blood Management Annual Meeting 2017. Management Dilemmas of the Surgical Patient—When Blood Is Not an Option.
- Electroencephalographic (EEG) density spectral array monitoring in children during sevoflurane anaesthesia: a prospective observational study.
- The association between attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and general anaesthesia ‐ a narrative review.
- The impact of emergency department patient‐controlled analgesia (PCA) on the incidence of chronic pain following trauma and non‐traumatic abdominal pain.
- Association of Anaesthetists: anaesthesia and peri‐operative care for Jehovah’s Witnesses and patients who refuse blood.
- The developing world of pre‐operative optimisation: a systematic review of Cochrane reviews.
- Injectate spread in erector spinae plane block.
5.European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Ketamine stakes in 2018. Right doses, good choices.
- Targeting the affective component of pain with ketamine. A tool to improve the postoperative experience?
- Uterine tilt for caesarean section.
- Low-dose ketamine infusion reduces postoperative hydromorphone requirements in opioid-tolerant patients following spinal fusion. A randomised controlled trial.
- Effects of a single subanaesthetic dose of ketamine on pain and mood after laparoscopic bariatric surgery. A randomised double-blind placebo controlled study.
European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA): January 2019 – Volume 36 – Issue 1 – p 16–24
- Short- and long-term impact of remifentanil on thermal detection and pain thresholds after cardiac surgery. A randomised controlled trial.
- Efficacy of axillary versus infraclavicular brachial plexus block in preventing tourniquet pain. A randomised trial.
- Anaesthesia care team improves outcomes in surgical patients compared with solo anaesthesiologist. An observational study.
6. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- Airway management in microgravity: A systematic review.
- Volatile anaesthetics and postoperative delirium in older surgical patients—A secondary analysis of prospective cohort studies.
- Prolonged vasopressor support during hip‐fracture surgery is a risk factor for enhanced mortality.
- Cutaneous anaesthesia of hip surgery incisions with iliohypogastric and subcostal nerve blockade: A randomised trial.
7. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 66, Issue 1, January 2019
- Anesthesiology in the 21st century: our science is our destiny.
- Special announcement: Guidelines to the Practice of Anesthesia—Revised Edition 2019.
- Re-framing the question: Should hydroxyethyl starch be used in clinical practice?
- Handgrip dynamometry for continuous assessment of volitional control during induction of anesthesia: a prospective observational study.
8. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia
Volume 13 | Issue 1
Page Nos. 1-91
- Erector spinae plane block: New block with great expectations
- Risk of early postoperative acute kidney injury with stroke volume variation-guided tetrastarch versus Ringer’s lactate.
- GlideScope® cobalt video laryngoscope versus direct Miller laryngoscope for lateral position-tracheal intubation in neonates with myelodysplasia: A prospective randomized study.
- Comparative evaluation of two approaches of infraclavicular brachial plexus block for upper-limb surgeries.
- Comparative study of mid-thoracic spinal versus epidural anesthesia for open nephrectomy in patients with obstructive/restrictive lung disease: A randomized controlled study.
9. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
January 2019 – Volume 44 – 1
- Tranexamic acid in total joint arthroplasty: the endorsed clinical practice guides of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Hip Society, and Knee Society.
- Impact of perioperative pain management on cancer recurrence: an ASRA/ESRA special article.
- Safety of spinal anesthesia in thrombocytopenic patients: are there lessons to be learnt from oncology?
- Spread of dye injectate in the distal femoral triangle versus the distal adductor canal: a cadaveric study.
- A multicenter, randomized comparison between 2, 5, and 8 mg of perineural dexamethasone for ultrasound-guided infraclavicular block.
- Interfascial block at the serratus muscle plane versus conventional analgesia in breast surgery: a randomized controlled trial.
- Effect of local anesthetic volume (20 mL vs 30 mL ropivacaine) on electromyography of the diaphragm and pulmonary function after ultrasound-guided supraclavicular brachial plexus block: a randomized controlled trial.
- “Pseudo-suprascapular notch”: is it a sonographic trap in suprascapular nerve block?
10. Pediatric Anesthesia
- Sedation effects of intranasal dexmedetomidine combined with ketamine and risk factors for sedation failure in young children during transthoracic echocardiography.
- Analysis of 17 948 pediatric patients undergoing procedural sedation with a combination of intranasal dexmedetomidine and ketamine.