- Editor’s Note: Anesthesiology 2018: Inspiring Investigation and Education.
- Differentiating Drug-related and State-related Effects of Dexmedetomidine and Propofol on the Electroencephalogram.
- Comparison of Anterior Suprascapular, Supraclavicular, and Interscalene Nerve Block Approaches for Major Outpatient Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery: A Randomized, Double-blind, Noninferiority Trial.
- Impact of Intravenous Acetaminophen on Perioperative Opioid Utilization and Outcomes in Open Colectomies: A Claims Database Analysis.
- Neuropsychological and Behavioral Outcomes after Exposure of Young Children to Procedures Requiring General Anesthesia: The Mayo Anesthesia Safety in Kids (MASK) Study.
- A Review of the Impact of Obstetric Anesthesia on Maternal and Neonatal Outcomes.
2.British Journal of Anaesthesia
July 2018 Volume 121, Issue 1, p1-334, e1-e16
- Beta-blockers in noncardiac surgery: Did observational studies put us back on safe ground?
- Systematic review and consensus definitions for standardised endpoints in perioperative medicine: postoperative cancer outcomes.
- Effect of beta-blockers on cancer recurrence and survival: a meta-analysis of epidemiological and perioperative studies.
- Anaesthesia, surgery, and life-threatening allergic reactions: protocol and methods of the 6th National Audit Project (NAP6) of the Royal College of Anaesthetist.
- An observational national study of anaesthetic workload and seniority across the working week and weekend in the UK in 2016: the 6th National Audit Project (NAP6) Activity Survey.
- Cross-sectional study of perioperative drug and allergen exposure in UK practice in 2016: the 6th National Audit Project (NAP6) Allergen Survey.
- Anaesthesia, surgery, and life-threatening allergic reactions: epidemiology and clinical features of perioperative anaphylaxis in the 6th National Audit Project (NAP6)
- Anaesthesia, surgery, and life-threatening allergic reactions: management and outcomes in the 6th National Audit Project (NAP6)
Memory and Awareness in Anaesthesia (MAA10) Special Section
- Isolated forearm technique: a meta-analysis of connected consciousness during different general anaesthesia regimens.
- Complexities of human memory: relevance to anaesthetic practice.
- Implicit aversive memory under anaesthesia in animal models: a narrative review.
- Dreaming and awareness during dexmedetomidine- and propofol-induced unresponsiveness.
- Spoken words are processed during dexmedetomidine-induced unresponsiveness.
- Comparative effects of dexmedetomidine, propofol, sevoflurane, and S-ketamine on regional cerebral glucose metabolism in humans: a positron emission tomography study.
- Opioid analgesia and the somatosensory memory of neonatal surgical injury in the adult rat.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Now Serving a Trauma Victim Near You: Whole Blood for Civilian Trauma Resuscitation.
- Factor XI Deficiency and Pregnancy: Abnormal Lab Values or Significant Risk?
- Effect of Remote Ischemic Preconditioning on Outcomes in Adult Cardiac Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Studies.
- Complications Associated With Mortality in the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Database.
- Consensus Statement on Perioperative Use of Neuromuscular Monitoring.
- Perioperative Peripheral Nerve Injury After General Anesthesia: A Qualitative Systematic Review.
- Whole Blood for Resuscitation in Adult Civilian Trauma in 2017: A Narrative Review.
- Rates of Perioperative Respiratory Adverse Events Among Caucasian and African American Children Undergoing General Anesthesia
- Large pragmatic randomised controlled trials in peri‐operative decision making: are they really the gold standard?
- Pragmatic trials in peri‐operative medicine: why, when and how?
- ‘Your lack of planning does not constitute my emergency’ – caring for obstetric patients with mental illness.
- The relationship between pre‐operative hypertension and intra‐operative haemodynamic changes known to be associated with postoperative morbidity.
- The association of peri‐operative scores, including frailty, with outcomes after unscheduled surgery.
- Operating room‐to‐incision interval and neonatal outcome in emergency caesarean section: a retrospective 5‐year cohort study.
- The effect of spinal hyperbaric bupivacaine–fentanyl or hyperbaric bupivacaine on uterine tone and fetal heart rate in labouring women: a randomised controlled study.
- Randomised double‐blind comparison of bolus phenylephrine or ephedrine for treatment of hypotension in women with pre‐eclampsia undergoing caesarean section.
- A randomised clinical trial comparing the ‘sniffing’ and neutral position using channelled (KingVision®) and non‐channelled (C‐MAC®) videolaryngoscopes .
- Changes in hardness and resilience of i‐gelTM cuffs with temperature: a benchtop study.
- International Fragility Fracture Network Delphi consensus statement on the principles of anaesthesia for patients with hip fracture.
- Combined spinal‐epidural vs. spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section: meta‐analysis and trial‐sequential analysis.
- Topical benzydamine hydrochloride for prevention of postoperative sore throat in adults undergoing tracheal intubation for elective surgery: a systematic review and meta‐analysis.
- Assumptions and associations under pressure.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Peri-operative goal-directed therapy: A definitive answer remains elusive.
- Does goal-directed haemodynamic and fluid therapy improve peri-operative outcomes?: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Safety and efficacy of peri-operative administration of hydroxyethyl starch in children undergoing surgery: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
6. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 7, July 2018
- Canadian Anesthesia Incident Reporting System (CAIRS): The Canadian Anesthesiologists’ Society’s National Patient Safety Initiative.
- Ensuring all falling trees are heard: the importance of publishing all research.
- When and how should we cluster and cross over: methodological and ethical issues.
- The effects of systemic oxygenation on cerebral oxygen saturation and its relationship to mixed venous oxygen saturation: A prospective observational study comparison of the INVOS and ForeSight Elite cerebral oximeters.
- Predictive ability of perioperative atrial fibrillation risk indices in cardiac surgery patients: a retrospective cohort study.
- Comparison of oropharyngeal leak pressure between the Ambu® AuraGain™ and the LMA® Supreme™ supraglottic airways: a randomized-controlled trial.
7. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- Statistical process control in healthcare improvement – new kid on the block?
- Training and assessment of anaesthesiologist skills: The contrasting groups method and mastery learning levels.
- Fluid accumulation in acute kidney injury: More evidence toward harm and current challenges.
- Stress ulcer prophylaxis in adult intensive care unit patients – a protocol for a systematic review.
- The use of acute normovolemic hemodilution in paediatric cardiac surgery.
- A novel technique for endobronchial blocker placement for one‐lung ventilation in children under 2 years.
- Randomized controlled trial of intra‐articular ketorolac on pain and inflammation after minor arthroscopic knee surgery.
- Effective dose of dexmedetomidine as an adjuvant sedative to peripheral nerve blockade in elderly patients.
- Effect of adding midazolam to bupivacaine during rectus sheath block: a randomised controlled trial.
- Sensory distribution of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve block – a randomised, blinded trial.
8. Paediatric Anaesthesia
- Efficacy of prophylactic dexmedetomidine in preventing postoperative junctional ectopic tachycardia in pediatric cardiac surgery patients: A systematic review and meta‐analysis.
- Dexmedetomidine for the reduction of emergence delirium in children undergoing tonsillectomy with propofol anesthesia: A double‐blind, randomized study.
- Low‐dose dexmedetomidine as an adjuvant to propofol infusion for children in MRI: A double‐cohort study.
9. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Consensus Guidelines on the Use of Intravenous Ketamine Infusions for Acute Pain Management From the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, the American Academy of Pain Medicine, and the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
- Local Anesthetic Injection Speed and Common Peroneal Nerve Block Duration: A Randomized Controlled Trial in Healthy Volunteers.
- The Importance of the Saphenous Nerve Block for Analgesia Following Major Ankle Surgery: A Randomized, Controlled, Double-Blind Study.
- Too Deep or Not Too Deep?: A Propensity-Matched Comparison of the Analgesic Effects of a Superficial Versus Deep Serratus Fascial Plane Block for Ambulatory Breast Cancer Surgery.
- Effective Dose of Intravenous Dexmedetomidine to Prolong the Analgesic Duration of Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block: A Single-Center, Prospective, Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Trial.
- The Impact of Spinal Needle Selection on Postdural Puncture Headache: A Meta-Analysis and Metaregression of Randomized Studies.
- Consensus Guidelines on the Use of Intravenous Ketamine Infusions for Chronic Pain From the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, the American Academy of Pain Medicine, and the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
10. Saudi Journal of Anaesthesia
Volume 12 | Issue 3
Page Nos. 377-505
- Depression and chronic pain.
- Representation of South Asian countries in five high-impact anesthesia journals.
- Intraperitoneal dexmedetomidine as an adjuvant to bupivacaine for postoperative pain management in children undergoing laparoscopic appendectomy: A prospective randomized trial.
- Use of ultrasound-guided preoperative diaphragmatic thickness as a predictor of postoperative weaning failure in recipients and donors scheduled for living donor liver transplant surgery.
- Ultrasound-guided bilateral superficial cervical plexus block for thyroid surgery: The effect of dexmedetomidine addition to bupivacaine-epinephrine.
- Continuous psoas sciatic blockade for total knee arthroplasty.
- Comparison of Macintosh, McCoy, and Glidescope video laryngoscope for intubation in morbidly obese patients: Randomized controlled trial.
- Preoperative ketamine nebulization attenuates the incidenceand severity of postoperative sore throat: A randomizedcontrolled clinical trial.
- Lung ultrasound: Predictor of acute respiratory distress syndrome in intensive care unit patients.