Vol: 128, Issue 3
Pages: 429 – 692
- Practice Guidelines for Moderate Procedural Sedation and Analgesia 2018: A Report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Moderate Procedural Sedation and Analgesia, the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American College of Radiology, American Dental Association, American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists, and Society of Interventional Radiology.
- Association of Hospital-level Neuraxial Anesthesia Use for Hip Fracture Surgery with Outcomes: A Population-based Cohort Study.
- Prediction of Bispectral Index during Target-controlled Infusion of Propofol and Remifentanil: A Deep Learning Approach.
- Temporal Trends in Difficult and Failed Tracheal Intubation in a Regional Community Anesthetic Practice.
- Effect of Thoracic Epidural Ropivacaine versus Bupivacaine on Lower Urinary Tract Function: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Physiologic Evaluation of Ventilation Perfusion Mismatch and Respiratory Mechanics at Different Positive End-expiratory Pressure in Patients Undergoing Protective One-lung Ventilation.
- Antifibrinolytic Therapy and Perioperative Considerations.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
March 2018 Volume 120,
Issue 3, p419-614
- Improving the evidence-base for preoperative cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
- Norepinephrine improves cardiac function during septic shock, but why?
- Schrödinger’s cat: anaesthetised and not!
- One to rule them all?
- Reconceptualising stroke research to inform the question of anaesthetic neurotoxicity.
- “Pain as the fifth vital sign” and dependence on the “numerical pain scale” is being abandoned in the US: Why?
- How to prevent medication errors in the operating room? Take away the human factor.
- Removal of a supraglottic airway in children with increased risk of respiratory complications: is timing of removal not important?
- Preoperative fasting in children: review of existing guidelines and recent developments.
- Inter-observer reliability of preoperative cardiopulmonary exercise test interpretation: a cross-sectional study.
- Perioperative cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET): consensus clinical guidelines on indications, organization, conduct, and physiological interpretation.
- Incidence and outcomes of sepsis after cardiac surgery as defined by the Sepsis-3 guidelines.
- Norepinephrine exerts an inotropic effect during the early phase of human septic shock.
- Incidence, characteristics, and predictive factors for medication errors in paediatric anaesthesia: a prospective incident monitoring study.
- Deep or awake removal of laryngeal mask airway in children at risk of respiratory adverse events undergoing tonsillectomy—a randomised controlled trial.
- Variable versus conventional lung protective mechanical ventilation during open abdominal surgery (PROVAR): a randomised controlled trial.
- Transnasal humidified rapid insufflation ventilatory exchange for oxygenation of children during apnoea: a prospective randomised controlled trial.
Volume 73, Issue 3
- Gastric ultrasound in the third trimester of pregnancy: a randomised controlled trial to develop a predictive model of volume assessment.
- The effect of pre-operative gastric ultrasound examination on the choice of general anaesthetic induction technique for non-elective paediatric surgery. A prospective cohort study.
- Volume responsiveness assessed by passive leg raising and a fluid challenge: a critical review focused on mean systemic filling pressure.
- Risk of epilepsy in surgical patients undergoing general or neuraxial anaesthesia.
- Nitrous oxide-based vs. nitrous oxide-free general anaesthesia and accidental awareness in surgical patients: an abridged Cochrane systematic review.
4. Anesthesia & Analgesia
March 2018 – Volume 126 – Issue 3
- Perioperative Cardiac Arrest: Focus on Anaphylaxis.
- Perioperative Cardiac Arrest: Focus on Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity (LAST).
- Perioperative Cardiac Arrest: Focus on Malignant Hyperthermia (MH).
- Post-Cardiac Arrest Management: Time to Cool It on Cooling?
- Perioperative Steroid Use for Tonsillectomy and Its Association With Reoperation for Posttonsillectomy Hemorrhage: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Postoperative Complications Affecting Survival After Cardiac Arrest in General Surgery Patients.
- Cardiac Arrest in the Operating Room: Resuscitation and Management for the Anesthesiologist Part 1
- Cardiac Arrest in the Operating Room: Part 2—Special Situations in the Perioperative Period.
- Does Lactate Affect the Association of Early Hyperglycemia and Multiple Organ Failure in Severely Injured Blunt Trauma Patients?
- Patients Undergoing Cesarean Delivery After Exposure to Oxytocin During Labor Require Higher Postpartum Oxytocin Doses.
- The Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology Consensus Statement on the Anesthetic Management of Pregnant and Postpartum Women Receiving Thromboprophylaxis or Higher Dose Anticoagulants.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA)
March 2018 – Volume 35 – Issue 3
- Anaesthesiology and ethics: Can the anaesthesiologist ameliorate simply and rapidly the assessment of decision-making capacity in the elderly?
- Does the β-receptor antagonist esmolol have analgesic effects?: A randomised placebo-controlled cross-over study on healthy volunteers undergoing the cold pressor test.
- Evaluation of recombinant factor VIIa, tranexamic acid and desmopressin to reduce prasugrel-related bleeding: A randomised, placebo-controlled study in a rabbit model.
- Impact of pectoral nerve block on postoperative pain and quality of recovery in patients undergoing breast cancer surgery: A randomised controlled trial.
- Ultrasound with neurostimulation compared with ultrasound guidance alone for lumbar plexus block: A randomised single blinded equivalence trial.
6. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
Volume 62, Issue 3
- The adequate rocuronium dose required for complete block of the adductor muscles of the thigh.
- A prototype small-bore ventilation catheter with a cuff: cuff inflation optimizes ventilation with the Ventrain.
7. Pediatric Anesthesia
Volume 28, Issue 3
- Caudal and intravenous dexamethasone as an adjuvant to pediatric caudal block: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Cuffed endotracheal tubes in infants less than 3 kg: A retrospective cohort study.
- The incidence of postoperative respiratory complications: A retrospective analysis of cuffed vs uncuffed tracheal tubes in children 0-7 years of age.
- Incidence and factors contributing to postdischarge nausea and vomiting in pediatric ambulatory surgical cases.
- Sedation for magnetic resonance imaging using propofol with or without ketamine at induction in pediatrics—A prospective randomized double-blinded study.
- Evaluation of the stability and stratification of propofol and ketamine mixtures for pediatric anesthesia.
- The prediction probabilities for emergence from sevoflurane anesthesia in children: A comparison of the perfusion index and the bispectral index.