- Driving Pressure during Thoracic Surgery: A Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Automated Titration of Vasopressor Infusion Using a Closed-loop Controller: In Vivo Feasibility Study Using a Swine Model .
- Aquaporin 5 –1364A/C Promoter Polymorphism Is Associated with Pulmonary Inflammation and Survival in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
- Delays in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Defibrillation, and Epinephrine Administration All Decrease Survival in In-hospital Cardiac Arrest.
- Mitochondrial Function in Astrocytes Is Essential for Normal Emergence from Anesthesia in Mice.
- Operating Room Fires
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
March 2019 Volume 122, Issue 3, p289-406, e33-e62
- Safety of 80% vs 30–35% fraction of inspired oxygen in patients undergoing surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Effectiveness of 80% vs 30–35% fraction of inspired oxygen in patients undergoing surgery: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Association between night-time surgery and occurrence of intraoperative adverse events and postoperative pulmonary complications.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Evidence Review Conducted for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Safety Program for Improving Surgical Care and Recovery. Focus on Anesthesiology for Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Evidence Review Conducted for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Safety Program for Improving Surgical Care and Recovery. Focus on Anesthesiology for Total Hip Arthroplasty.
- Pupillary Pain Index Changes After a Standardized Bolus of Alfentanil Under Sevoflurane Anesthesia. First Evaluation of a New Pupillometric Index to Assess the Level of Analgesia During General Anesthesia.
- Perioperative Blood Pressure Monitoring in Patients With Obesity.
- Prospective Observational Investigation of Capnography and Pulse Oximetry Monitoring After Cesarean Delivery With Intrathecal Morphine.
- Dexamethasone Is Superior to Dexmedetomidine as a Perineural Adjunct for Supraclavicular Brachial Plexus Block. Systematic Review and Indirect Meta-analysis.
- Impact of Anesthetics on Human Neutrophil Function.
Volume 74, Issue 3
- Upper limb disorders in anaesthetists – a survey of Association of Anaesthetists members.
- A sustainable method to reduce postoperative oxycodone discharge prescribing in a metropolitan tertiary referral hospital.
- Identifying the optimal regional predictor of right ventricular global function: a high‐resolution three‐dimensional cardiac magnetic resonance study.
- Guidelines for the peri‐operative care of people with dementia.
- A review of ASA physical status – historical perspectives and modern developments.
- The effect of dexmedetomidine on delirium and agitation in patients in intensive care: systematic review and meta‐analysis with trial sequential analysis.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA)
- Clear fluids fasting for elective paediatric anaesthesia. The European Society of Anaesthesiology consensus statement.
- Maternal anaesthesia in open and fetoscopic surgery of foetal open spinal neural tube defects. A retrospective cohort study.
- Bupivacaine infiltration in children for postoperative analgesia after tonsillectomy. A randomised controlled trial.
6. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- Aerosolized corticosteroids to prevent postoperative sore throat in adults: A systematic review and meta‐analysis.
- Pulmonary haemodynamics and right ventricular function in cemented vs uncemented total hip arthroplasty—A randomized trial.
- Haemodynamic stability after paracervical block: A randomized, controlled, double‐blind study comparing bupivacaine‐adrenaline with bupivacaine.
- Prophylactic granisetron for post‐spinal anesthesia shivering in cesarean section: A randomized controlled clinical study.
- Brachial plexus block of the posterior and the lateral cord using ropivacaine 7.5 mg/mL
7. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 66, Issue 3, March 2019
- Re-defining the 3R’s (reduce, refine, and replace) of sustainability to minimize the environmental impact of inhalational anesthetic agents.
- Contributions of academic institutions in high income countries to anesthesia and surgical care in low- and middle-income countries: are they providing what is really needed?
- Randomized-controlled trial of parent-led exposure to anesthetic mask to prevent child preoperative anxiety.
8. Paediatric Anaesthesia
- Resilience in children and their parents enduring pediatric medical traumatic stress.
- Behavioral training and mirroring techniques to prepare elective anesthesia in severe autistic spectrum disorder patients: An illustrative case and review.
- Society for the advancement of blood management administrative and clinical standards for patient blood management programs. 4th edition (pediatric version).
- Guide to the statistical analysis plan.
- EEG profiles during general anesthesia in children: A comparative study between sevoflurane and propofol.
- Increasing compliance of safe medication administration in pediatric anesthesia by use of a standardized checklist.
- Adverse events in radiation oncology: A case series from wake up safe, the pediatric anesthesia quality improvement initiative.
- Single injection ultrasound‐guided rectus sheath blocks for children: Distribution of injected anesthetic.
9, Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine
March 2019 – Volume 44 – 3
- Perioperative impact of sleep apnea in a high-volume specialty practice with a strong focus on regional anesthesia: a database analysis.
- Ultrasound-guided percutaneous peripheral nerve stimulation: neuromodulation of the suprascapular nerve and brachial plexus for postoperative analgesia following ambulatory rotator cuff repair. A proof-of-concept study.
- Comparison of dexmedetomidine and benzodiazepine for intraoperative sedation in elderly patients: a randomized clinical trial.
Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine. 2019;44:319-324
- Systemic dexmedetomidine is not as efficient as perineural dexmedetomidine in prolonging an ulnar nerve block.
- Intravenous meloxicam for the treatment of moderate to severe acute pain: a pooled analysis of safety and opioid-reducing effects.
Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine. 2019;44:360-368
- Clinical effectiveness of single dose of intravenous dexamethasone on the duration of ropivacaine axillary brachial plexus block: the randomized placebo-controlled ADEXA trial.