Vol: 128, Issue 5
Pages: 865 – 1049
- Frontiers in Opioid Pharmacology.
- μ-Opioid Receptor Agonists: Do They Have Utility in the Treatment of Acute Pain?
- Opioid Abuse or Dependence Increases 30-day Readmission Rates after Major Operating Room Procedures: A National Readmissions Database Study.
- Association of Multimodal Pain Management Strategies with Perioperative Outcomes and Resource Utilization: A Population-based Study.
- Influence of Cardiac Output on the Pharmacokinetics of Sufentanil in Anesthetized Pigs.
- Benefit versus Severe Side Effects of Opioid Analgesia: Novel Utility Functions of Probability of Analgesia and Respiratory Depression.
- Pharmacokinetic Properties of a Sufentanil Sublingual Tablet Intended to Treat Acute Pain.
- New Opioid Analgesic Approvals and Outpatient Utilization of Opioid Analgesics in the United States, 1997 through 2015.
- Overexpression of µ-Opioid Receptors in Peripheral Afferents, but Not in Combination with Enkephalin, Decreases Neuropathic Pain Behavior and Enhances Opioid Analgesia in Mouse.
- Buprenorphine Depresses Respiratory Variability in Obese Mice with Altered Leptin Signaling.
- Nonpeptide Orexin-2 Receptor Agonist Attenuates Morphine-induced Sedative Effects in Rats.
- Abuse-deterrent Opioid Formulations.
- Averting Opioid-induced Respiratory Depression without Affecting Analgesia.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
May 2018 Volume 120, Issue 5, p887-1144, e5-e28
- Cerebrospinal-fluid drain-related complications in patients undergoing open and endovascular repairs of thoracic and thoraco-abdominal aortic pathologies: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Anticoagulant and side-effects of protamine in cardiac surgery: a narrative review.
- The fragility of statistically significant findings in randomised controlled anaesthesiology trials: systematic review of the medical literature.
- Anaemia and red blood cell transfusion in intracranial neurosurgery: a comprehensive review.
- A review of the safety and efficacy of inhaled methoxyflurane as an analgesic for outpatient procedures.
- A systematic review and consensus definitions for standardised end-points in perioperative medicine: pulmonary complications.
- Pre-hospital advanced airway management by anaesthetist and nurse anaesthetist critical care teams: a prospective observational study of 2028 pre-hospital tracheal intubations.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- The Pros of Publishing Standalone Clinical Trial Protocols in Anesthesiology Journals.
- Publishing Methods Without Results: A First That Hopefully Will Not Last.
- Preventing Adverse Events in Cataract Surgery: Recommendations From a Massachusetts Expert Panel.
- Physiology and Role of Intraocular Pressure in Contemporary Anesthesia.
- Patient Harm in Cataract Surgery: A Series of Adverse Events in Massachusetts.
- Predicting Severity of Acute Pain After Cesarean Delivery: A Narrative Review.
- Perioperative Management May Improve Long-term Survival in Patients After Lung Cancer Surgery: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Treatment Patterns and Clinical Outcomes in Neonates Diagnosed With Respiratory Distress Syndrome in a Low-Income Country: A Report From Bangladesh.
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks for Hip Fractures: A Cochrane Review.
Volume 73, Issue 5
- Cognitive decline in the middle‐aged after surgery and anaesthesia: results from the Wisconsin Registry for Alzheimer’s Prevention cohort.
- Transnasal humidified rapid‐insufflation ventilatory exchange (THRIVE) vs. facemask breathing pre‐oxygenation for rapid sequence induction in adults: a prospective randomised non‐blinded clinical trial.
- An assessment of the tolerability of the Cook staged extubation wire in patients with known or suspected difficult airways extubated in intensive care.
- A triple‐blind, placebo‐controlled randomised trial of the ilioinguinal‐transversus abdominis plane (I‐TAP) nerve block for elective caesarean section.
- Systematic review of benefits or harms of routine anaesthetist‐inserted throat packs in adults: practice recommendations for inserting and counting throat packs.
- The comparative efficacy and safety of sugammadex and neostigmine in reversing neuromuscular blockade in adults. A Cochrane systematic review with meta‐analysis and trial sequential analysis.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Improving detection of patient deterioration in the general hospital ward environment.
- Free pre-operative clear fluids before day-surgery?: Challenging the dogma.
- Intra-operative lidocaine in the prevention of vomiting after elective tonsillectomy in children: A randomised controlled trial.
- Dexmedetomidine as a part of general anaesthesia for caesarean delivery in patients with pre-eclampsia: A randomised double-blinded trial.
6. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- Ventilation strategy and anesthesia management in patients with severe tracheal stenosis undergoing urgent tracheal stenting.
- Individualized lung recruitment maneuver guided by pulse‐oximetry in anesthetized patients undergoing laparoscopy: a feasibility study.
- Adding a PECS II block for proximal arm arteriovenous access – a randomised study.
- Effect of combined epidural anaesthesia on tumor‐infiltrating lymphocytes in lung adenocarcinoma: a prospective exploratory sub‐analysis.
7. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 5, May 2018
- Monitoring the brain strikes a discordant note for anesthesiologists.
- The curious tale of perioperative precision medicine: a story of hydroxocobalamin and cardiac surgery-associated vasoplegia.
- Effect of position and positive pressure ventilation on functional residual capacity in morbidly obese patients: a randomized trial.
8. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Analgesia of Combined Femoral Triangle and Obturator Nerve Blockade Is Superior to Local Infiltration Analgesia After Total Knee Arthroplasty With High-Dose Intravenous Dexamethasone.
- Comparison of Paravertebral Block by Anatomic Landmark Technique to Ultrasound-Guided Paravertebral Block for Breast Surgery Anesthesia: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Literature Review and Meta-Analysis of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation in Treating Chronic Back Pain.
- Efficacy and Safety of Methylnaltrexone for Opioid-Induced Constipation in Patients With Chronic Noncancer Pain: A Placebo Crossover Analysis Erratum.
9. International Journal of Obstetric Anestheisa
May 2018 Volume 34, p1-118
- Cesarean birth – What’s in a name?
- Comparison of rocuronium-induced neuromuscular blockade in second trimester pregnant women and non-pregnant women.
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of gastric contents in term pregnant women fasted for six hours.
- The influence of fluid management on outcomes in preeclampsia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
10. Pediatric Anesthesia
- Consensus statement on clear fluids fasting for elective pediatric general anesthesia.
- Perioperative management of children with glycogen storage disease type II—Pompe disease.
- The impact of Narcotrend™ EEG‐guided propofol administration on the speed of recovery from pediatric procedural sedation—A randomized controlled trial.