- A Calculated Risk: Comparing Perioperative Assessment Tools.
- Recommendations for the Nomenclature of Cognitive Change Associated with Anaesthesia and Surgery—2018.
- Comparison of the TOFscan and the TOF-Watch SX during Recovery of Neuromuscular Function.
- Impact of the Choice of Risk Model for Identifying Low-risk Patients Using the 2014 American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Perioperative Guidelines.
- Caffeine Accelerates Emergence from Isoflurane Anesthesia in Humans: A Randomized, Double-blind, Crossover Study.
- Effect of Equipotent Doses of Propofol versus Sevoflurane Anesthesia on Regulatory T Cells after Breast Cancer Surgery.
- Propofol-based Total Intravenous Anesthesia Is Associated with Better Survival Than Desflurane Anesthesia in Colon Cancer Surgery.
- Brain Dynamics and Temporal Summation of Pain Predicts Neuropathic Pain Relief from Ketamine Infusion.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
November 2018 Volume 121, Issue 5, p991-1186
- Recommendations for the nomenclature of cognitive change associated with anaesthesia and surgery—2018.
- Agitation in adults in the post-anaesthesia care unit after general anaesthesia.
- Intravenous infusion of lidocaine significantly reduces propofol dose for colonoscopy: a randomised placebo-controlled study.
- Intraoperative ketamine for prevention of depressive symptoms after major surgery in older adults: an international, multicentre, double-blind, randomised clinical trial.
- Perfusion index as a reliable parameter of vasomotor disturbance in complex regional pain syndrome.
- Laryngeal handshake technique in locating the cricothyroid membrane: a non-randomised comparative study.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Balancing Act Multimodal General Anesthesia.
- Protecting the Beans Perioperative Acute Kidney injury.
- Does Respiratory Variation in Inferior Vena Cava Diameter Predict Fluid Responsiveness in Mechanically Ventilated Patients? A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Association Between Intraoperative Oliguria and Acute Kidney Injury After Major Noncardiac Surgery.
- Update on Perioperative Acute Kidney Injury.
- Multimodal General Anesthesia Theory and Practice.
Volume 73, Issue 11
- Effect of a single pre‐operative 125 mg dose of methylprednisolone on postoperative delirium in hip fracture patients; a randomised, double‐blind, placebo‐controlled trial.
- Volume of ropivacaine 0.2% and common peroneal nerve block duration: a randomised, double‐blind cohort trial in healthy volunteers.
- Multidisciplinary guidelines for the management of paediatric tracheostomy emergencies.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Device or target? A paradigm shift in airway management Implications for guidelines, clinical practice and teaching.
- Association of pre-operative troponin levels with major adverse cardiac events and mortality after noncardiac surgery. A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Diagnostic accuracy of inferior vena caval respiratory variation in detecting fluid unresponsiveness. A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- End-tidal carbon dioxide monitoring improves patient safety during propofol-based sedation for breast lumpectomy. A randomised controlled trial.
- Deep vs. moderate neuromuscular blockade during laparoscopic surgery. A systematic review and meta-analysis.
6. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- Anesthetic approach to postdural puncture headache in the peripartum period: An Israeli national survey.
- Trends in practice and safety measures of epidural analgesia: Report of a national survey.
7. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 11, November 2018
- Association between albumin administration and survival in cardiac surgery: a retrospective cohort study.
8. Pediatric Anesthesia
- Efficacy of liposomal bupivacaine in pediatric patients undergoing spine surgery.
- Perioperative respiratory adverse event risk assessment in children with upper respiratory tract infection: Validation of the COLDS score.
- A randomized controlled trial of oral chloral hydrate vs intranasal dexmedetomidine plus buccal midazolam for auditory brainstem response testing in children.