- Bypassing Poor Outcomes: Cardiac Surgery and Intraoperative Hypotension.
- Postoperative Delirium and Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction: Two Sides of the Same Coin?
- Cognitive Decline after Delirium in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery .
- Do Hospitals Performing Frequent Neuraxial Anesthesia for Hip and Knee Replacements Have Better Outcomes?
- Defining an Intraoperative Hypotension Threshold in Association with Stroke in Cardiac Surgery.
- Effectiveness of Lumbar Facet Joint Blocks and Predictive Value before Radiofrequency Denervation: The Facet Treatment Study (FACTS), a Randomized, Controlled Clinical Trial.
- Preoperative Fascia Iliaca Block Does Not Improve Analgesia after Arthroscopic Hip Surgery, but Causes Quadriceps Muscles Weakness: A Randomized, Double-blind Trial.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
September 2018 Volume 121, Issue 3, p521-688
- Dynamic arterial elastance measured by uncalibrated pulse contour analysis predicts arterial-pressure response to a decrease in norepinephrine.
- Carotid ultrasound measurements for assessing fluid responsiveness in spontaneously breathing patients: corrected flow time and respirophasic variation in blood flow peak velocity.
- Propofol compared with sevoflurane general anaesthesia is associated with decreased delayed neurocognitive recovery in older adults.
- Somatosensory function and pain in extremely preterm young adults from the UK EPICure cohort: sex-dependent differences and impact of neonatal surgery.
- Conditioned pain modulation identifies altered sensitivity in extremely preterm young adult males and females.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Take It or Leave It: A Meta-analysis of Perioperative ACE Inhibitors and ARBs.
- Critically Ill, Then Chronically Painful: Pain and Interference With Everyday Life.
- Intravenously Administered Lidocaine and Magnesium During Thyroid Surgery in Female Patients for Better Quality of Recovery After Anesthesia.
Anesthesia & Analgesia: September 2018 – Volume 127 – Issue 3 – p 635–641
- A Systematic Review of Outcomes Associated With Withholding or Continuing Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers Before Noncardiac Surgery.
- Therapeutic doses of neostigmine, depolarising neuromuscular blockade and muscle weakness in awake volunteers: a double‐blind, placebo‐controlled, randomised volunteer study.
- Implementation of a new strategy to improve the peri‐operative management of neuromuscular blockade and its effects on postoperative pulmonary complications.
- Effects of depth of neuromuscular block on surgical conditions during laparoscopic colorectal surgery: a randomised controlled trial.
- Using rotational thromboelastometry clot firmness at 5 minutes (ROTEM® EXTEM A5) to predict massive transfusion and in‐hospital mortality in trauma: a retrospective analysis of 1146 patients.
- Comparison of peripheral nerve blockade characteristics between non‐diabetic patients and patients suffering from diabetic neuropathy: a prospective cohort study.
- The ability of a real‐time injection pressure monitoring system to discriminate between perineural and intraneural injection of the sciatic nerve in fresh cadavers.
- Association of Anaesthetists guidelines: cell salvage for peri‐operative blood conservation 2018.
- Videolaryngoscopy vs. fibreoptic bronchoscopy for awake tracheal intubation: a systematic review and meta‐analysis.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA)
- Postoperative acute kidney injury: A never-ending challenge.
- Impact of intra-operative fluid and noradrenaline administration on early postoperative renal function after cystectomy and urinary diversion: A retrospective observational cohort study.
- Placebo versus low-dose ketamine infusion in addition to remifentanil target-controlled infusion for conscious sedation during oocyte retrieval: A double-blinded, randomised controlled trial.
6. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- Pain assessment by pupil dilation reflex in response to noxious stimulation in anaesthetized adults.
- Accuracy of the Physiological and Operative Severity Score for the enUmeration of Mortality and morbidity score and the Nottingham risk score in hip fracture patients in Sweden — A prospective observational study.
- Isocapnic hyperventilation provides early extubation after head and neck surgery: A prospective randomized trial.
- Change in Mallampati class during labor: Hypertensive versus normotensive parturients.
7. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 9, September 2018
- The hidden consequences of the changing cardiac surgical population.
- In asking the right questions, be cautious of confounding by indication.
- Intensity of care and withdrawal of life-sustaining therapies in severe traumatic brain injury patients: a post-hoc analysis of a multicentre retrospective cohort study.
- Optimal dose of intrathecal isobaric bupivacaine in total knee arthroplasty.
8. Pediatric Anesthesia
Volume 28, Issue 9
- Delivery of sevoflurane using a neonatal ventilator.
- Work of breathing for cuffed and uncuffed pediatric endotracheal tubes in an in vitro lung model setting.
- Association between children’s emotional/behavioral problems before adenotonsillectomy and postoperative pain scores at home.