- Type 2 Perioperative Myocardial Infarction: Can We Close Pandora’s Box?
- Inhalational versus Intravenous Induction of Anesthesia in Children with a High Risk of Perioperative Respiratory Adverse Events: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Can Mathematical Modeling Explain the Measured Magnitude of the Second Gas Effect?
- Etiology of Acute Coronary Syndrome after Noncardiac Surgery.
- Does Equi–Minimum Alveolar Concentration Value Ensure Equivalent Analgesic or Hypnotic Potency?: A Comparison between Desflurane and Sevoflurane.
- Amisulpride Prevents Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting in Patients at High Risk: A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial.
- Positive End-expiratory Pressure Alone Minimizes Atelectasis Formation in Nonabdominal Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
2. British Journal of Anaesthesia
Volume 120, Issue 6, p1145-1444
- Effect of intraoperative hyperoxia on the incidence of surgical site infections: a meta-analysis.
- Effect of early use of noradrenaline on in-hospital mortality in haemorrhagic shock after major trauma: a propensity-score analysis.
- Systematic review of the neurocognitive outcomes used in studies of paediatric anaesthesia neurotoxicity.
- Electroencephalographic markers of brain development during sevoflurane anaesthesia in children up to 3 years old.
- Perioperative psychotherapy for persistent post-surgical pain and physical impairment: a meta-analysis of randomised trials.
- Analgesic mechanisms of gabapentinoids and effects in experimental pain models: a narrative review.
- Incidence of iatrogenic opioid dependence or abuse in patients with pain who were exposed to opioid analgesic therapy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Systematic review of the effects of fascia iliaca compartment block on hip fracture patients before operation.
- Effects of avoidance or use of neuromuscular blocking agents on outcomes in tracheal intubation: a Cochrane systematic review.
3. Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Is Compliance With Surgical Care Improvement Project Cardiac (SCIP-Card-2) Measures for Perioperative β-Blockers Associated With Reduced Incidence of Mortality and Cardiovascular-Related Critical Quality Indicators After Noncardiac Surgery?
- American Society for Enhanced Recovery: Advancing Enhanced Recovery and Perioperative Medicine.
- American Society for Enhanced Recovery and Perioperative Quality Initiative Joint Consensus Statement on Patient-Reported Outcomes in an Enhanced Recovery Pathway.
- American Society for Enhanced Recovery and Perioperative Quality Initiative Joint Consensus Statement on Nutrition Screening and Therapy Within a Surgical Enhanced Recovery Pathway.
- American Society for Enhanced Recovery and Perioperative Quality Initiative Joint Consensus Statement on Postoperative Gastrointestinal Dysfunction Within an Enhanced Recovery Pathway for Elective Colorectal Surgery.
- A Prospective International Multicentre Cohort Study of Intraoperative Heart Rate and Systolic Blood Pressure and Myocardial Injury After Noncardiac Surgery: Results of the VISION Study.
- Prophylactic Norepinephrine Infusion for Preventing Hypotension During Spinal Anesthesia for Cesarean Delivery.
- The Effect of Prophylactic Phenylephrine and Ephedrine Infusions on Umbilical Artery Blood pH in Women With Preeclampsia Undergoing Cesarean Delivery With Spinal Anesthesia: A Randomized, Double-Blind Trial.
- World Health Organization-World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists (WHO-WFSA) International Standards for a Safe Practice of Anesthesia.
- The enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) Greenie Board: a Navy‐inspired quality improvement tool.
- The Airway App: exploring the role of smartphone technology to capture emergency front‐of‐neck airway experiences internationally.
- Associations of postoperative mortality with the time of day, week and year.
- Comparison of laryngeal morbidities with modified reinforced silicone tube intubation guided over a bougie vs. a guidewire: novel assessment with voice analysis.
- Clinical guideline and recommendations on pre‐operative exercise training in patients awaiting major non‐cardiac surgery.
- Regional nerve blockade for early analgesic management of elderly patients with hip fracture – a narrative review.
5. European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Pre-operative evaluation of the adult patient undergoing elective noncardiac surgery: updated guideline from the European Society of Anaesthesiology Direction and not directives.
- Pre-operative evaluation of adults undergoing elective noncardiac surgery: Updated guideline from the European Society of Anaesthesiology.
6. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Volume 65, Issue 6, June 2018
- Relative importance of strategies for improving the sample size selection and reporting of small randomized clinical trials in anesthesiology.
- Ketamine-based anesthesia improves electroconvulsive therapy outcomes: a randomized-controlled study.
- Dexmedetomidine versus propofol-opioid for sedation in transcatheter aortic valve implantation patients: a retrospective analysis of periprocedural gas exchange and hemodynamic support.
7. Pediatric Anesthesia
- Postoperative pain management in children: Guidance from the pain committee of the European Society for Paediatric Anaesthesiology (ESPA Pain Management Ladder Initiative)
- Correlation between duration of preoperative fasting and emergence delirium in pediatric patients undergoing ophthalmic examination under anesthesia: A prospective observational study.