THIS MONTH IN ANAESTHESIOLOGY
Anesthesiology-This Month – August 2017
- Phenylephrine Infusion: Driving a Wedge in Our Practice of Left Uterine Displacement?
- Establishing Obstetric Anesthesiology Practice Guidelines in the Republic of Armenia: A Global Health Collaboration.
- Left Lateral Table Tilt for Elective Cesarean Delivery under Spinal Anesthesia Has No Effect on Neonatal Acid–Base Status: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Validation of Innovative Techniques for Monitoring Nociception during General Anesthesia: A Clinical Study Using Tetanic and Intracutaneous Electrical Stimulation.
- Pupillometry-guided Intraoperative Remifentanil Administration versus Standard Practice Influences Opioid Use: A Randomized Study.
- Extubation Success Prediction in a Multicentric Cohort of Patients with Severe Brain Injury.
2.British Journal of Anaesthesia
- Efficacy of perineural vs systemic dexamethasone to prolong analgesia after peripheral nerve block: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Predicting successful supraclavicular brachial plexus block using pulse oximeter perfusion index.
- Electroencephalography and delirium in the postoperative period.
- Widening the search for suspect data – is the flood of retractions about to become a tsunami?
- Data fabrication and other reasons for non-random sampling in 5087 randomised, controlled trials in anaesthetic and general medical journals.
- Pre-operative brachial plexus block compared with an identical block performed at the end of surgery: a prospective, double-blind, randomised clinical trial.
- The height of the cricothyroid membrane on computed tomography scans in trauma patients.
- Intra-operative protective mechanical ventilation in lung transplantation: a randomised, controlled trial.
- Patient-controlled analgesia with remifentanil vs. alternative parenteral methods for pain management in labour: a Cochrane systematic review.
4.Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Aerosolized Vasodilators for the Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension in Cardiac Surgical Patients: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Stroke Volume Variation–Guided Versus Central Venous Pressure–Guided Low Central Venous Pressure With Milrinone During Living Donor Hepatectomy: A Randomized Double-Blinded Clinical Trial.
- Remote Ischemic Preconditioning Decreases Oxidative Lung Damage After Pulmonary Lobectomy: A Single-Center Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Trial.
- Preoperative Low-Dose Aspirin Exposure and Outcomes After Emergency Neurosurgery for Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage in Elderly Patients.
- Risk Factors for Severe Postpartum Hemorrhage After Cesarean Delivery: Case-Control Studies.
- Ringer’s Lactate Versus Normal Saline in Urgent Cesarean Delivery in a Resource-Limited Setting: A Pragmatic Clinical Trial.
5.European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Postoperative pulmonary complications – Still room for improvement.
- Epidemiology, practice of ventilation and outcome for patients at increased risk of postoperative pulmonary complications: LAS VEGAS – an observational study in 29 countries.
- Pulse photoplethysmographic amplitude and heart rate variability during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: A prospective observational study.
- Ventilation with high versus low peep levels during general anaesthesia for open abdominal surgery does not affect postoperative spirometry: A randomised clinical trial.
- Muscle relaxation for tracheal intubation during paediatric anaesthesia: A meta-analysis and trial sequential analysis.
- A case series of life-threatening succinylcholine-induced anaphylaxis.
6. Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica
- Perioperative COX-2 inhibitors may increase the risk of post-operative acute kidney injury.
- Ketamine does not enhance the quality of recovery following laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a randomized controlled trial.
- Intrathecal dexamethasone vs. meperidine for prevention of shivering during transurethral prostatectomy: a randomized controlled trial.
- Post-discharge nausea and vomiting after total intravenous anaesthesia and standardised PONV prophylaxis for ambulatory surgery.
- Delirium after fast-track hip and knee arthroplasty – a cohort study of 6331 elderly patients.
- Body height and the spread of spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section: a prospective controlled trial.
- Using quality improvement methods to reduce clear fluid fasting times in children on a preoperative ward.
- The provision of pediatric cardiac anesthesia services in Germany: current status of structural and personnel organization.
- Effects of intraoperative liberal fluid therapy on postoperative nausea and vomiting in children—A randomized controlled trial.
- Childhood preoperative anxiolysis: Is sedation and distraction better than either alone? A prospective randomized study.
- Interactive pediatric emergency checklists to the palm of your hand – How the Pedi Crisis App traveled around the world.
8.International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia
- Immediate postpartum neurological deficits in the lower extremity: a prospective observational study.
- Cranial nerve palsy following central neuraxial block in obstetrics – a review of the literature and analysis of 43 case reports.
- Obstetric interventions and maternal morbidity among women who experience severe postpartum hemorrhage during cesarean delivery.
- The performance of neck circumference and other airway assessment tests for the prediction of difficult intubation in obese parturients undergoing cesarean delivery.
- Abdominal girth, vertebral column length and spread of intrathecal hyperbaric bupivacaine in the term parturient.
- Optimal intrathecal hyperbaric bupivacaine dose with opioids for cesarean delivery: a prospective double-blinded randomized trial.