THIS MONTH IN ANAESTHESIOLOGY
Anesthesiology-This Month – September 2017
Anaesthesiology This Month – September
- Intravenous Tranexamic Acid Bolus plus Infusion Is Not More Effective than a Single Bolus in Primary Hip Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Posterior Tibial Artery as an Alternative to the Radial Artery for Arterial Cannulation Site in Small Children: A Randomized Controlled Study.
- Videolaryngoscopy versus Fiber-optic Intubation through a Supraglottic Airway in Children with a Difficult Airway: An Analysis from the Multicenter Pediatric Difficult Intubation Registry.
- Reversal of Vecuronium-induced Neuromuscular Blockade with Low-dose Sugammadex at Train-of-four Count of Four: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Mini-fluid Challenge of 100 ml of Crystalloid Predicts Fluid Responsiveness in the Operating Room.
- Association of Testosterone Replacement Therapy and the Incidence of a Composite of Postoperative In-hospital Mortality and Cardiovascular Events in Men Undergoing Noncardiac Surgery.
- Accuracy of Capillary and Arterial Whole Blood Glucose Measurements Using a Glucose Meter in Patients under General Anesthesia in the Operating Room.
- Simulation-based Assessment of the Management of Critical Events by Board-certified Anesthesiologists .
- British Journal of Anaesthesia
- Viscoelastometric-guided early fibrinogen concentrate replacement during postpartum haemorrhage: OBS2, a double-blind randomized controlled trial.
- Viscoelastometry guided fresh frozen plasma infusion for postpartum haemorrhage: OBS2, an observational study.
- Duration of general anaesthetic exposure in early childhood and long-term language and cognitive ability .
- For nature cannot be fooled. Why we need to talk about fatigue.
- What should we do when traditional research fails?
- A national survey of the effects of fatigue on trainees in anaesthesia in the UK.
- The added value of cardiac index and pulse pressure variation monitoring to mean arterial pressure-guided volume therapy in moderate-risk abdominal surgery (COGUIDE): a pragmatic multicentre randomised controlled trial.
- Influence of quality of recovery on patient satisfaction with anaesthesia and surgery: a prospective observational cohort study.
- Medical identification or alert jewellery: an opportunity to save lives or an unreliable hindrance?
- Anesthesia & Analgesia
- Human Resources in Anesthesia: The Road to 2030.
- Patients Undergoing Orthotopic Liver Transplantation Require Lower Concentrations of the Volatile Anesthetic Sevoflurane.
- The First US Clinical Experience With Computer-Assisted Propofol Sedation: A Retrospective Observational Comparative Study on Efficacy, Safety, Efficiency, and Endoscopist and Patient Satisfaction.
- Video-Based Physiologic Monitoring During an Acute Hypoxic Challenge: Heart Rate, Respiratory Rate, and Oxygen Saturation.
- Physiologic Considerations in Trauma Patients Undergoing Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta.
- Continuous Ropivacaine Subfascial Wound Infusion Compared With Intrathecal Morphine for Postcesarean Analgesia: A Prospective, Randomized Controlled, Double-Blind Study.
- European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- Anaesthesiology and ethics: Presumed consent with real consequences.
- History of anaesthesia: The ketamine story – past, present and future.
- Efficacy and safety of buprenorphine in peripheral nerve blocks: A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.
- Thoracic paravertebral block for postoperative pain management after renal surgery: A randomised controlled trial.
- Impact of reversal strategies on the incidence of postoperative residual paralysis after rocuronium relaxation without neuromuscular monitoring: A partially randomised placebo controlled trial.
- Effects of calcium chloride coadministered with neostigmine on neuromuscular blockade recovery: A double-blind randomised study.
- Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
- Precise mathematics yet hazy predictions: Can validated risk indices help improve patient selection for major elective surgery?
- We must ask relevant questions and answer with meaningful outcomes.
- Ketamine: We need to continue to advocate against scheduling.
- Low-dose subcutaneous ketamine for postoperative pain management in Rwanda: a dose-finding study.
- Pediatric Anesthesia
September 2017 Volume 27, Issue 9 Pages 875–977 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pan.2017.27.issue-9/issuetoc
- Effects of intravenous fentanyl around the end of surgery on emergence agitation in children: Systematic review and meta-analysis.
Volume 27, Issue 9 September 2017 Pages 885–892 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pan.13181/full
- Breathing circuit compliance and accuracy of displayed tidal volume during pressure-controlled ventilation of infants: A quality improvement project.
Volume 27, Issue 9 September 2017 Pages 935–941 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pan.13164/full
- Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine
- Minimum Effective Volume of Lidocaine for Ultrasound-Guided Costoclavicular Block.
- Single-Injection Versus Multiple-Injection Technique of Ultrasound-Guided Paravertebral Blocks: A Randomized Controlled Study Comparing Dermatomal Spread.
- Optimal Point of Insertion and Needle Angle in Neuraxial Blockade Using a Midline Approach: A Study in Computed Tomography Scans of Adult Patients.
- Perioperative Breast Analgesia: A Qualitative Review of Anatomy and Regional Techniques.
- Focused Cardiac Ultrasound for the Regional Anesthesiologist and Pain Specialist.
- Perioperative Patient Beliefs Regarding Potential Effectiveness of Marijuana (Cannabinoids) for Treatment of Pain: A Prospective Population Survey.
- Quadratus Lumborum Block Versus Transversus Abdominis Plane Block in Children Undergoing Low Abdominal Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial.